Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Basic Elements of Mandaeanism

  • Br Benjamin Assisi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2008
      well its page 16 on the text itself

      http://www.egnu.org/~mandaean/

      On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:45 PM, pmcvflag <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hey Ben

> [...]
      quote....

      from the secret adam page 16...see for yourself<<<<

      I believe I also pointed out that it was a Lady Drower quote, but
      thanks for giving us a link to the whole work. I do want to say,
      however, that when the pdf came up on my computer it was on page 8
      rather than 16..... just in case anyone else is looking and realized
      they don't see it from Ben's link.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto:gnosticism2-digest@yahoogroups.com
         mailto:gnosticism2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Better than one thousand verses
      Where no profit wings the word,
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2008
        Hey Ben

        >>>well its page 16 on the text itself<<<

        Hey Ben, thanks for the clarification. I simply wanted to help
        people who may have found that they did not see the quote directly
        via the link you posted. I wanted to post the "pdf" page. However,
        for the sake of providing the most specific way that people could
        find the quote in your link (from a library perspective... if you
        can forgive that), let me be even more exact in stating that in the
        text it is actually not on "page 16", but in the pretext xvi.
        Pagiation generally starts after preface, etc. Although xvi does
        mean "16" in Roman numerals, this is not generally understood as the
        same as "page 16" whithin the Arabic numbers that we use on the rest
        of the pages of our modern books (which you will also find to be
        true in this book. Otherwise you would have to call the page listed
        as "16" page 33 in this case, and that would really confuse most
        people). This is not to disagree or be contrary to Ben's link, but
        only to hopefully help those of you who would like to explore Ben's
        link in spite of assuming normal modern page numeration convention.

        To be more exact, this is on page 8 of the pdf (at least on my
        computer), and page xvi of the introduction in the text.