Re: Dositheans - Dositheus (prior post was incomplete)

    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 14, 2008
      George

      >>>Since no one has furthered this thread, I thought I would
      make minor comments about things that could be very important
      later.

      <snipped for brevity>

      This leaves us with the simple conclusion that he didn't need
      to: he was RAISED a Sadduccee (there really wasn't any other
      way to become one - - other than by marriage one supposes).<<<

      Certianly one of a number of possibilities that scholars debate.
      Obviously neither the Sadducees nor Josephus were Gnostics, but since
      we are dealing with that time period perhaps they will come up now and
      again.

      >>>In reference to Dositheus, PMCV writes:
      "Several heresiological sources state that he was a Samaritan, and
      the Dosithean sect is referred to as a form of Samaritanism in both
      Jewish and Arabic accounts."<<<

      I was a little confused by your quoting me above. It doesn't seem to
      relate to your point above, so I am wondering if you intended to add a
      response and maybe forgot?