Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Faith vs Experience

  • souldreamone@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 111 , Jan 4, 2008
      In a message dated 1/4/2008 5:09:10 AM Pacific Standard Time, theoj678@... writes:
      In a message dated 1/4/2008 6:09:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, souldreamone@... writes:
      one cannot know what is
      true because conceptual truth is contextual.
      So is the conclusion then that there are no absolute truths.
      There are many truths; but there is nothing absolutely, unquestionably, undeniably, nor permanently true.
          thea
      Well, yes and no. None of mind's conceptual knowledge is inherently true or false because mind establishes it's own contextual reference for everything it thinks it knows and further defines those concepts with a dualistic polarity. Basically, mind makes it all up and so there is no absolute reference that defines anything as absolutely true.

      However, that which is not conceptual is not limited by mind's contextual boundaries, and that which is seen 'beyond' mind is not subject to the dualistic evaluation of true/false. So yes, there is an absolute Truth about which nothing can be said without dragging it, kicking and screaming, into the limiting context of conceptualization. Gnosticism was never about conceptual knowledge, it was always about Knowingness.

      Phil

    • Michael Leavitt
      Message 111 of 111 , Jan 16, 2008
        SORRY. :)