Re: Hello All

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 3, 2008
      Hi Guy
      I hope nobody minds my responding to an old post.
      I do understand your aversion to arguments, but perhaps you would be
      willing to engage in civil discussion that may involve disagreement?
      If so, I'm interested in how you would define "sin".
      Thanks,
      Phil

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "isis_powered" <isis_powered@...>

    • theoj678@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 4, 2008
        In a message dated 1/4/2008 6:09:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, souldreamone@... writes:
        aversion to arguments
        -------
        Why would anyone be averse to argument?  How else can one learn or solve the unknown?
            thea

      • souldreamone@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 4, 2008
          In a message dated 1/4/2008 5:09:11 AM Pacific Standard Time, theoj678@... writes:
          aversion to arguments
          -------
          Why would anyone be averse to argument?  How else can one learn or solve the unknown?
              thea
          Guy's original post implied he was frustrated by the sort of closed argumentation in which there is no real listening or further communication. When one introduces oneself to a forum in that way, it may indicate an aversion to any argument, so I extended the courtesy of asking if it was okay to discuss.

          Phil

        • theoj678@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 4, 2008
            In a message dated 1/4/2008 3:41:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, souldreamone@... writes:
            if it was okay to discuss.
            -------------
            Discusion is great at a party or about the weather; however, it would seem that one needs controversies to reach beyond an unknown to learn.  JMHO
                thea

          • souldreamone@AOL.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 4, 2008
              In a message dated 1/4/2008 1:08:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, theoj678@... writes:
              In a message dated 1/4/2008 3:41:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, souldreamone@... writes:
              if it was okay to discuss.
              Discusion is great at a party or about the weather; however, it would seem that one needs controversies to reach beyond an unknown to learn.  JMHO
                  thea
              I believe you're right about that. Agreement may be comfy, but it seems to put us to sleep. It seems to me that all movement is through tension. The tension of desire is the movement of experience. Physical tension leads to movement. The tension of problems leads to creative solutions. The tension of suffering often leads to transcendence. So, tension was never a problem, it's the resistance to the 'movement' that becomes struggle. Tension....in-tense....intention. Hmmmmm.....thanks for helping create the tension so's I could notice that. Hehe.

              Phil