Re: Faith vs Experience

  • the_passerby7777
    Message 1 of 111 , Jan 3, 2008
      The blind passive faith with is completely bound to God central
      thinking, can draw one into complacency towards growth. Since the Key
      to knowledge/Gnosis isn't being applied, i.e. applying things within
      yourself to draw further into the Light. The concept to Know Thy Self
      is completely negated, but can't know God unless you do Know Thy Self.

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "the_passerby7777" <rahimalka@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Just as it was said in the Epistle of James that faith without works
      > is dead, so is faith without Gnosis dead. For faith to be geniune it
      > must be active and conscious, this deals with movement, the applying
      > of those principles and concepts within yourself, seeking to prove all
      > things. Faith is foundational, you must have faith in the fact that
      > what you are doing is going to reap some benefit, that the forces/laws
      > of life that you invoke by living the truth as you understand will
      > give you greater capacity enabling you to progress further into the
      > indwelling Kingdom of Light.
      >
      > Imo Gnostics aren't to take anything on face value, but must seek to
      > prove everything, as it is in their power to. They must come to
      > perceive why the Gnostics of old styled this world in the fashion they
      > did, one must come to understand and perceive the reality of the
      > Demiurge in their own experience, in fact perceive the totality of it
      > for it to be Self Knowledge which can be utilized to further your
      > advancements in Gnosis, which is salvific. In this way your faith
      > becomes alive, an experience proven within yourself which sustains and
      > is the proof of your mind expanding beyond the earth-bound state.
      > Knowledge is only yours in experience, in experience do the things
      > which we think we know actually become KNOW.
      >
      > Faith is the beginning, it is the level of believer, which is brought
      > into being faith since they have what is least in the beginning which
      > must be built upon. In applying what they have in hand, being faithful
      > to that aspect of Truth, their capacity for it will increase. One has
      > to have faith in the beginning because they know nothing, but an image
      > of the ideal, but as they progress they start to become that very
      > ideal, they become the result of their faith through their attainment.
      > Most believers don't know why they have to do the things they do,
      > which means that they are operating in ignorance. There is a great
      > difference in doing something with consciousness and knowing, then
      > doing it without.
      >
      > At least that is my take.
      >
      > Peace
      >
      > Ra.
      >

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "celesstn" <bicyclesophie@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I certainly had faith that what I studied in Gnosticism was true, and
      > > later began to have experiences that validated what I was studying.
      > > So, yes I believe that both can certainly be true, I think this would
      > > depend upon the seeker.
      > >
      > > celeste
      > >

      > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, theoj678@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > In a message dated 12/25/2007 9:35:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > > > larockpitts@ writes:
      > > >
      > > > Are faith and experience mutually exclusive?
      > > >

      > > > ---------
      > > > Or do we have faith in our knowledge and experiences,
      > > > faith that what we have been taught is reasonable and true?
      > > > (until a greater truth is discovered and explained or is

    • Michael Leavitt
      Message 111 of 111 , Jan 16, 2008
        SORRY. :)