Re: Faith vs Experience

  • the_passerby7777
    Message 1 of 111 , Jan 3, 2008
      Celeste,

      Just as it was said in the Epistle of James that faith without works
      is dead, so is faith without Gnosis dead. For faith to be geniune it
      must be active and conscious, this deals with movement, the applying
      of those principles and concepts within yourself, seeking to prove all
      things. Faith is foundational, you must have faith in the fact that
      what you are doing is going to reap some benefit, that the forces/laws
      of life that you invoke by living the truth as you understand will
      give you greater capacity enabling you to progress further into the
      indwelling Kingdom of Light.

      Imo Gnostics aren't to take anything on face value, but must seek to
      prove everything, as it is in their power to. They must come to
      perceive why the Gnostics of old styled this world in the fashion they
      did, one must come to understand and perceive the reality of the
      Demiurge in their own experience, in fact perceive the totality of it
      for it to be Self Knowledge which can be utilized to further your
      advancements in Gnosis, which is salvific. In this way your faith
      becomes alive, an experience proven within yourself which sustains and
      is the proof of your mind expanding beyond the earth-bound state.
      Knowledge is only yours in experience, in experience do the things
      which we think we know actually become KNOW.

      Faith is the beginning, it is the level of believer, which is brought
      into being faith since they have what is least in the beginning which
      must be built upon. In applying what they have in hand, being faithful
      to that aspect of Truth, their capacity for it will increase. One has
      to have faith in the beginning because they know nothing, but an image
      of the ideal, but as they progress they start to become that very
      ideal, they become the result of their faith through their attainment.
      Most believers don't know why they have to do the things they do,
      which means that they are operating in ignorance. There is a great
      difference in doing something with consciousness and knowing, then
      doing it without.

      At least that is my take.

      Peace

      Ra.

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "celesstn" <bicyclesophie@...> wrote:

      > I certainly had faith that what I studied in Gnosticism was true, and
      > later began to have experiences that validated what I was studying.
      > So, yes I believe that both can certainly be true, I think this would
      > depend upon the seeker.
      >
      > celeste
      >

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, theoj678@ wrote:
      > >

      > > In a message dated 12/25/2007 9:35:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > > larockpitts@ writes:
      > >
      > > Are faith and experience mutually exclusive?
      > >

      > > ---------
      > > Or do we have faith in our knowledge and experiences,
      > > faith that what we have been taught is reasonable and true?
      > > (until a greater truth is discovered and explained or is
      > understandable)???
      > > theo
      > >

      > > **************************************See AOL's top rated recipes
      > > (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)