The Cathars all this Week on Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      They were the greatest heresy of the Middle Ages, arguably an offshoot
      of the ancient Gnostics that undermined the authority of the religious
      and political powers of the time. Their bloody demise is one of the
      darkest moments in Christian history that still resonates today. We
      take a historical and esoteric safari of the Cathars, their history,
      theology, tragedy and whether or not they truly held some of the
      ancient treasures like the Holy Grail.

      Astral Guest—Sean Martin, author of `The Cathars' and `The Gnostics'.

      Topics Discussed:

      --Understanding the concept of Dualism and how it relates to the
      Cathars and other Gnostics.
      --A detailed account of the Albigensian Crusade against the Cathars
      that lasted decades and caused hundreds of thousands of deaths.
      --The theology and rituals of the Cathars, including their mysterious
      ceremony of voluntary suicide.
      --Evidence revealing that the Cathars might have originated as early
      as the beginning of Christianity.
      --Did the Cathars hold secrets treasures such as the Holy Grail?
      --How the Cathar movement survived after the genocide of Southern
      France, and might be even alive until today.

      And a tonnage more!

      As always to access the program:

      --Go to my homepage http://www.thegodabovegod.com/
      --Scroll down until you see the Stickam screen (the eye with the
      bloody tear)
      --Click the music icon and voila…'Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis 72—The
      Cathars' will appear in its entirety!

      Our Rebroadcast this week is `Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis—Misquoting
      Jesus' with Bart Ehrman, author of the best selling 'Misquoting
      Jesus', 'Lost Christianities: The Battles for Scripture and the Faiths
      We Never Knew' & 'Peter, Paul, and Mary Magdalene: The Followers of
      Jesus in History and Legend'.

      Topics discussed:

      --The role the scribes and Church Fathers had in creating a Canon and
      excluding other texts like the ones written by the Gnostics.
      --How they marginalized The Gnostics in The Bible.
      --How they marginalized women in The Bible.
      --How they marginalized Jews in The Bible.
      --Mistakes, redaction and passages that shouldn't have ever made it in
      The Bible.
      --Is it possible that Paul never spoke against homosexuals at all?
      --The evolution of putting the Bible together from a field of
      thousands of manuscripts to the various versions we have today.
      --Bart's own journey from a fundamentalist to an agnostic scholar.

      And much more!

      You'll wonder how The Bible could have been put together at all!

      Abraxas
    • Michael Leavitt
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2007
        My bishop's ex said that when she was in the Povence, she had peasants
        tell her, I'm Cathar and will always be Cathar. Take it for what it's worth.