in 'our' image

  • gortoz77
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2007
      Dear Lady ,
      Thankyou for guiding me to your links .
      I found them very interesting to say the least . You know ,
      I often thought the serpent in genesis might have been the
      good guy, because it was obvious , that if god made a perfect
      garden , Im convinced he would have to be a bit warped to
      put a beautifull fruit tree , right in the middle of the
      garden , with scary warnings on it like , go back ,
      dont touch , forbidden , wrong way .

      It makes no sence what so ever . Why torture your own
      creation with such a fruit ? That would be a very cruel
      god . He certainly didnt want adam or eve's eyes to open
      so they could see as he could . Or should I say to see
      like he and his 'friends 'could , as in genesis 1/26 .......
      he wasnt alone ( king james version )

      I will let it all sink in a little bit .

      Regards , from Gort ,

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, lady_caritas <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "gortoz77" <gortoz77@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Lady Carlita and Sir Chester ,
      > > Hello , umm ... i was puzzled about this 'gnosis'
      > > I followed your link as above , and after reading it I became
      > > even more puzzled than ever . Is that how they used to speak
      > > to each other in those days ??? Or was it written that way
      > > on purpose to confuse the reader ???
      > > I think , that if i understood what on earth they were
      > > trying to say in the hypostasis , i could write it a lot
      > > lot clearer than they did . You know , like ordinary language
      > > that you could actually read . It just all becomes very
      > > frustrating trying to decipher such a text .
      > > And lets face it , does the truth realy have to be so
      > > ironically complex as that ? Because believe me the hypostasis
      > > on that link ,is incomprehensible , and open to a thousand
      > > interpretations .
      > > If anyone could expalin that text to me in normal
      > > english , i would be very gratefull .
      > >
      > > Seeya , from Gort ,
      > >

      > Hello, Gort. First, I suppose I'm not clear if you just read the
      > excerpt provided in the link on our group homepage:

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oFUdR7NxyQW7ufGw33XZHz5TmfWrFvnRkHIB_Vfh
      WRb\
      > vInGRdKFCk7NtYBx5GlRAYphvHjupXKcTB0PZ1IRx/Hypostasis%20of%20the%
      20Archon\
      > s.html

      <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oFUdR7NxyQW7ufGw33XZHz5TmfWrFvnRkHIB_Vf
      hWR\
      > bvInGRdKFCk7NtYBx5GlRAYphvHjupXKcTB0PZ1IRx/Hypostasis%20of%20the%
      20Archo\
      > ns.html>
      >

      > or whether you clicked on the next link, which would take you to
      the
      > whole text of "The Hypostasis of the Archons":
      >
      > http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/hypostas.html
      > <http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/hypostas.html>
      >

      > In any case, this text is written with mythological symbolism,
      common to
      > that period, to convey a spiritual understanding. However, I
      doubt that
      > everyday discourse back then would have used this kind of symbolic
      > speech, just as nowadays most people don't normally talk in
      > mythopoetic style.
      >

      > This particular text is a recounting of one variation of Gnostic
      > creation myth. (Compare to Genesis.) No doubt it takes a bit of
      work
      > to learn Gnostic jargon, and there are members here who can help
      you
      > with some specifics. Gort, if you can get hold of a copy of
      Bentley