Re: I suppose It's Another Personal Statement

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 10, 2007

      > lady_caritas wrote:
      > >>>

      > >> Speak for yourself, friend.
      > >>

      > >> Hey, Mike, good to see you! ;-)
      > >>
      > >> Cari
      > >>

      > I'm still here, but haven't had much to say. I must recommend
      Giovani
      > Filoramo's, HISTORY OF GNOSTICISM, the coverage is mind boggeling
      for a
      > 191 page book.

      Mike, I've been meaning to get to Filoramo's book, but now that you
      give it such a glowing recommendation, I'll put that near the top of
      my list.

      I just received an order yesterday, which included Birger A.
      Pearson's new introductory book, _Ancient Gnosticism: Traditions and
      Literature_, along with the new International Edition of _The Nag
      Hammadi Scriptures_ edited by Marvin Meyer and also _The Gospel of
      Judas together with the Letter of Peter to Philip, James, and a Book
      of Allogenes from Codex Tchacos, Critical Edition_.

      Now I just need to find time to get through all these. :-) I did
      start reading the first several pages of Birger Pearson's book and it
      appears to be a lucid introduction. I look forward to reading
      further.