Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: I suppose It's Another Personal Statement

  • Michael Leavitt
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
      lady_caritas wrote:
      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Michael Leavitt <ac998@...> wrote:
      >

      >> chesterelders wrote:
      >>
      >>> At best, we can only fake an
      >>> understanding and rapport which leaves us as unfulfilled as a meal
      >>>
      > of
      >
      >>> empty calories.
      >>>

      >> Speak for yourself, friend.
      >>

      >> Hey, Mike, good to see you! ;-)
      >>
      >> Cari

      I'm still here, but haven't had much to say. I must recommend Giovani
      Filoramo's, HISTORY OF GNOSTICISM, the coverage is mind boggeling for a
      191 page book.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2007

        > lady_caritas wrote:
        > >>>

        > >> Speak for yourself, friend.
        > >>

        > >> Hey, Mike, good to see you! ;-)
        > >>
        > >> Cari
        > >>

        > I'm still here, but haven't had much to say. I must recommend
        Giovani
        > Filoramo's, HISTORY OF GNOSTICISM, the coverage is mind boggeling
        for a
        > 191 page book.

        Mike, I've been meaning to get to Filoramo's book, but now that you
        give it such a glowing recommendation, I'll put that near the top of
        my list.

        I just received an order yesterday, which included Birger A.
        Pearson's new introductory book, _Ancient Gnosticism: Traditions and
        Literature_, along with the new International Edition of _The Nag
        Hammadi Scriptures_ edited by Marvin Meyer and also _The Gospel of
        Judas together with the Letter of Peter to Philip, James, and a Book
        of Allogenes from Codex Tchacos, Critical Edition_.

        Now I just need to find time to get through all these. :-) I did
        start reading the first several pages of Birger Pearson's book and it
        appears to be a lucid introduction. I look forward to reading
        further.