Re: A Personal Statement

  • Verna Leigh Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
      A beautiful and excellent post, Chesterelder.
      And my agreeance on all points. Except one. The concept of 'sin'.
      Now that is truly an orthodox concept, and not one held by gnostics.
      Either historical or 'new age' or whatever. WE didn't 'fall'. WE
      are born into a world that facilitates us not remembering who we are
      and where we came from. We are not into salvation, as there is
      none, According to the Cathars, we 'chose' to manifest ourselves on
      this plane, for some reason. But the 'fall' and 'sin' are concepts
      of the orthodox.
      Just my two coins! A refreshing post, thank you.
      Gosh it is good to see a gnostic of your caliber here!
      Kudos!
      whirled and inner peas,
      DarkChylde

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "chesterelders"
      <chesterelders@...> wrote:

      > Hello:
      >
      > I think anyone who studies ancient gnosticism does so in
      order
      > to peek into the shadows. The Christian message has been refined
      and
      > polished by centuries of apologetics and street-level thuggery.
      What