All About Sophia all this week on Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2007
      The A to Z of Sophia, the Wisdom of God and our disobedient heroine.
      Almost everything, beyond your gnosis, you ever wanted to know about
      Hagias Sophia, Barbelo, Eve, Shekinah, the Holy Spirit, among her many
      avatars. She was revered before the Gnostics and after they were
      wiped out in many sects and Eastern Churches. Now it's time she
      returned to our minds and the mind of God himself in order to heal the
      universe.

      Astral Guest—Rev. Jordan Stratford, author of `The Da Vinci Prayer
      Book' and `Living Gnosis'.

      --The pre-Gnostic origins of Pistis Sophia (Faithful Wisdom).
      --Comparing the various themes and messages in the different Sophia
      myths, including giving birth to our own God.
      --Taking a look at her various incarnations like Achamoth, Mary
      Magdalene, Eve, Norea and others.
      --How to incorporate Sophia's Passion into the inner workings of our
      own psyche and the collective unconscious.
      --Why the nascent Catholic Church decided to go with the Virgin Mary
      as their Divine Feminine instead of Sophia.
      --How Sophia never truly left Western Civilization but remained alive
      and well in Eastern churches and the inspired minds of many great
      thinkers.
      --The essential effect of the Sophia resurgence in modern times.
      --Some of the Sophianic liturgy practiced in Gnostic services.

      And much more! Jesus said, `Wisdom's children will be vindicated'.
      Here we are!

      As always to access the program:

      --Go to my homepage http://www.thegodabovegod.com/
      --Scroll down until you see the Stickam screen (the eye with the
      bloody tear)
      --Click the music icon and voila…'Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis 68—All
      About Sophia' will appear in its entirety!

      The new store is now open and running. Over sixty shows on all things
      Gnostic and its brethren in the Esoterica with some of the leading
      scholars and Gnostic sages of our days including Stephan Hoeller,
      Timothy Freke, Marvin Meyer, Margaret Starbird, Bart Ehrman, Acharya
      S., Robert Price and many more.

      Our rebroadcast is `Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis #23-- The Princes of
      Egypt'. We dealt with the Egyptian roots of Judaism, Christianity and
      Islam. Our guest was Ahmed Osman, author of 'Christianity: An Ancient
      Egyptian Religion' & 'Moses and Akhenaten: The Secret History of Egypt
      at the Time of the Exodus' & 'Jesus in the House of the Pharaohs: The
      Essene Revelations on the Historical Jesus'.

      Sigmund Freud wrote a book called 'Moses and Monotheism', in which he
      paints Moses as an Egyptian who established the first monotheistic
      religion revering the god Amun (Amen). It was dismissed and
      marginalized by most of academia. Yet new scholarship, archeological
      evidence, and anthropological breakthroughs have suddenly made Papa
      Freud's allegations not only substantive but perhaps only the tip of
      the ice berg. More than just the usual parallels, we delve into
      factual evidence that shows the Egyptian roots of Judaism,
      Christianity & Islam, perhaps all based on a brief cult of the deposed
      Pharaoh Akhenaten 3400 year ago that later was resuscitated by the
      Gnostics and the Essenes of Alexandria.

      Other topics discussed:

      --Ahmed's evolution from a Muslim extremist jihadist into a respected
      Egyptologist with Gnostic leanings.
      --Evidence that the Israelites were nomadic, Semite shepherds that
      interbred with Egyptian royalty; and then turned their backs to their
      true heritage.
      --How the King David of the Bible is just a composite character of a
      petty tribal chief in Judea and a prior Egyptian Pharaoh, Tuthmosis
      III, who ruled from the Nile to the Euphrates centuries before the
      Israelites ever existed.
      --The real identities behind the Patriarchs Abraham, Jacob, and Joseph
      by a careful sifting through history, archeology, and scriptural exegesis.
      --The possibility that Moses was actually Pharaoh Akhenaten, the first
      person who conceived the concept of a supreme, impersonal deity that
      wasn't interested in real estate but all of humanity itself. Many
      scholars have called Akhenaten first idealist and philosopher in
      history during his life in 1400 BC.
      --The priestly revolution that banished Akhenaten (Moses) and sent him
      to Sinai; and the later rule of his son, Tutankhaten (which ironically
      means 'Son of the Living God'), who would be known as Joshua and
      further down the line as a certain Jesus.
      --How the cult of Isis and Osiris kept the secret of Joshua
      (Tutankhaten) and the supreme god, Amen, underground for 1400 years
      until it was revived publicly by the Gnostics of Alexandria.
      --The possibility that Saint Paul, after his conversion, went to
      Arabia to learn the Egyptian Mysteries of Amen; and how his theology
      of the Cross actually meant the Ankh, not the Roman Cross that was
      only used centuries later by Christendom.
      --Ahmed, in detail, deciphers several Egyptian Hieroglyphs that
      present none other than The Gospel of Jesus Christ, including a mature
      concept of The Trinity.
      --How the Church of Rome co-opted the Egyptian Gnostics of Alexandria
      and later created a historical Jesus after destroying their libraries
      and temples. And murdering Hypatia of Alexandria!!!
      --The eternal battle between Peter (Orthodoxy) and Saint Paul/Simon
      Magus, with sadly the same result: Orthodoxy winning.
      --How even the Koran points to Akhenaten (Moses) and the supreme God,
      Amen.
      --Why perhaps only the Gnostic worldview and the knowledge forgotten
      in Alexandria might be the best antidote against the rising tide of
      Christian, Jewish & Islamic fundamentalism around the world.

      It's a mouthful and soul-full, my Truthseekers, so lie down on your
      couch and listen to the ghost of Papa Freud.

      Abraxas