Mary Magdalene all this and next week on CCG!!!

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Mary Magdalene. Now we veer our eyes from Sophia to one of her
      incarnations. Despite her rising popularity and redemption in Western
      Society, there are still many misconceptions and unknown facts about
      the Bride of the Logos. And there is also a great divide between the
      Magdalene of the Canonicals and the Apostolic Leader you find in the
      Gnostic Scriptures (and the various legends throughout history). A
      good time to get to know her all over again, like a romance that just
      won't end. Astral Guest—Jane Schaberg, author of `Mary Magdalene
      Understood' and `The Resurrection of Mary Magdalene'.

      Topics Discussed:

      --Detailed comparing and contrasting the characteristics of the
      Canonical Mary Magdalene to the Gnostic Mary Magdalene.
      --How the views of Mary Magdalene have changed throughout history in
      legend, art and film.
      --Why is the Apostle Paul silent about Mary and other female disciples?
      --Although the notion of Mary being married to Jesus has been quite
      dispelled recently, how very erotic undertones can be found in their
      relationship.
      --Was there an egalitarian movement in early Christianity with woman
      often in leadership roles?
      --Did Mary Magdalene really exist and was she the Beloved Disciple?

      And much more! There is just something about Mary!

      As always to access the program:

      --Go to my homepage http://www.thegodabovegod.com/
      --Scroll down until you see the Stickam screen (the eye with the
      bloody tear)
      --Click the music icon and voila…'Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis
      63—Sophia is Gaia' will appear in its entirety!

      And, of course, the show will be available for one week at your
      convenience.

      Our rebroadcast is `Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis #50—Altered States'.
      It's Gnostic Cinema! We've touched upon this before, but now we take
      an in depth voyage through Gnostic-themed movies of the last century.
      Two thousand years ago they had to write it on paper, but these days
      Gnostic Scripture is perfect for the medium of film. We also delve
      into Kabbalistic and Alchemical movies as well.

      Special Guest-- Eric G. Wilson, author of 'Secret Cinema: Gnostic
      Vision in Film', 'The Spiritual History of Ice: Romanticism, Science
      and the Imagination' and Professor of English at Wake Forest University.

      Topics discussed:

      --How both film noir and the Age of Technology have been beneficial
      vehicles for the Gnostic revival.
      --The biology of Gnosticism Proper movies, from 'Metropolis' to
      'Donnie Darko' (and beyond).
      --The biology of Kabbalah movies, from 'Frankenstein' to 'Bladerunner'
      (and beyond).
      --The biology of Alchemy movies, from 'Excalibur' to 'Blue Velvet'
      (and beyond).
      --Gnostic themes in television.
      --The gnosis of David Lynch and other cutting edge directors.
      -- How 'The Matrix' has done more for Gnosticism than even the Nag
      Hammadi Library.
      --Movies that directly borrow from the various Gnostic Fathers such as
      Basilides, Valentinus and the Prophet Mani.

      And much more! It's a fun yet revealing show on new Gnostic Gospels
      expressed through the film medium.

      Abraxas