Re: Mysticism a Regressional Experience?

    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 8, 2007
      Hey Ken

      >>>Tom is also a moderator of GnosticThought.<<<

      Ah, yes... and after I posted I thought about at and realized I
      should have posted all of the mods of the groups. Isn't Brenda also
      a mod there?

      >>>GnosticThought is only "New Age" in the same sense this group
      is "New Age." That is we are not traditional Christian
      as "Christian" has been defined for the past 1600 or so years. We
      are part of the new age of openness, diversity and tolerance. When I
      said "we are all of the new age" I was including you ;-)<<<

      That sounds like what I picked up as well. So my term "eclective
      relativism" seems not so far off the mark in intent.

      >>>GnosticThought could be defined as having the exact opposite focus
      of this group. While this group is about historical gnosticism and
      modern personal experiences are not off topic so long as they are
      related to historical gnosticism in some way, GnosticThought is
      about modern personal Gnosis and related mystic experiences with
      some historical discussion hopefully relating to modern personal
      experiences.<<<

      I think that is a good observation of the primary differences
      between the groups. I am glad to see that there are others here who
      understand how this forum is meant to function so that it is not
      simply that us mods have completely failed to communicate it.

      PMCV
    • gnostic_ken
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 9, 2007

        > Hey Ken

        > Ah, yes... and after I posted I thought about at and realized I
        > should have posted all of the mods of the groups. Isn't Brenda
        also
        > a mod there?

        > is "New Age." That is we are not traditional Christian
        > as "Christian" has been defined for the past 1600 or so years. We
        > are part of the new age of openness, diversity and tolerance. When
        > said "we are all of the new age" I was including you ;-)<<<
        >
        > That sounds like what I picked up as well. So my term "eclective
        > relativism" seems not so far off the mark in intent.

        > of this group. While this group is about historical gnosticism and
        > modern personal experiences are not off topic so long as they are
        > related to historical gnosticism in some way, GnosticThought is
        > about modern personal Gnosis and related mystic experiences with
        > some historical discussion hopefully relating to modern personal
        > experiences.<<<
        >
        > I think that is a good observation of the primary differences
        > between the groups. I am glad to see that there are others here
        who
        > understand how this forum is meant to function so that it is not
        > simply that us mods have completely failed to communicate it.
        >
        > PMCV

        Hi PMCV,
        Yes Brenda is also one of the GnosticThought moderators.

        You have always been quite clear about the focus of this group. I
        have no idea why so many people seem to misunderstand.

        I do know from experience that no matter how clear we try to be
        somebody will always misunderstand. Those who misunderstand seem to
        talk (write) the most ;-)

        So my point is it's certainly not your fault. You are and always
        have been as clear as you possibly can be.

        Ken
      • gnostic_ken
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 26, 2007
          > Jenny is Jungian Gnostic. She has disappeared as she does from time
          > to time. The last time she disappeared she deleted her Jung cafe
          > group. This time she left her cafe running on automatic.

          Update: Jenny is now back.

          Ken