The Gospel of Judas with Marvin Meyer this Sun on CCG.

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2007
      Now that the dust has settled on The Gospel of Judas, we take a
      comprehensive safari of new scholarship, revelation, and impact of
      this still very controversial Gnostic Scripture.

      Marvin Meyer, author of `The Gnostic Discoveries: The Impact of The
      Nag Hammadi Library', `The Unknown Sayings of Jesus', editor of `The
      Gnostic Bible', and one of the original translators of The Gospel of
      Judas joins `Coffee, Cigarettes, & Gnosis' this Sunday, February 25 at
      3 PM PST/5 PM CST/6 PM EST at Freethoughtmedia.com. Just click the
      `ON AIR' button under the banner (if there is ever a problem simply go
      to the direct feed at http://infidelguy.primcast.com:8313/).

      Topics Discussed:

      --The process in which the Gospel of Judas was discovered and translated.
      --Not only its Sethian flavor, but how there are hints of
      proto-Kabbalah and heavy Jewish Mysticism within its pages.
      --An intimate look between the close relationship of the enlightened
      Judas and the Logos.
      --Is the Gospel of Judas a monolithic work or a patchwork of different
      Gnostic sects?
      --How one of its keynotes is a direct shot at the rising Christian
      Orthodox Church.
      --Rethinking Judas Iscariot, inside and outside of his Gospel.
      --Barbelo┬ůanother possible meaning for supreme, supernal female Godhead.
      --How it has affected Gnostic scholarship including the question of
      `Gnosticism' even being a word that should be used at all.

      And much more!

      Marvin gives us all the dope we need on this Gnostic Scripture that
      has shaken Christendom to its foundation. The Son of Perdition rises
      and gets the last laugh.

      So much blasphemy, so little wood to kindle our stakes.

      Abraxas