New to this group

  • Lorraine
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2007
      I am excited to read all the posts.I am learning so much. I do have one
      question. Is everyone here getting discussions from one particular book
      that I don't have?
      Thanks,
      Lorraine
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2007
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Lorraine" <lorain25@...> wrote:

        > I am excited to read all the posts.I am learning so much. I do have
        one
        > question. Is everyone here getting discussions from one particular
        book
        > that I don't have?
        > Thanks,
        > Lorraine

        Hello, Lorraine. I'm glad you're enjoying reading. Some discussions
        might center on one particular book or passage of interest, but that is
        not required.

        I suppose I might ask what books or sources you're familiar with at
        present related to Gnosticism? I'm sure we then could offer further
        reading suggestions for you, if you'd like.

        Feel free to jump in conversation or bring up questions of your own.

        Cari
      • ciberwytch@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2010
          Hi All,

          My name is Ank and I am new to the group. I live in the UK. I am reading a book called 'Jesus and the Goddess' by Freke and Gandy and to me this was an eye opener.

          If the gnostic version of Christianity would have flourished, I might still be a Christian today.

          I know very little about gnosticism, but would like to learn more and am especially interested in comparisons with other philosopies, in the sense where there are similarities.

          Ank