New to group

  • Celesst Nash-Weninger
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 7, 2007
      Hello all,

      I'm new here and glad to have found others to connect with. I look
      forward to learning what I can, and sharing what I know.

    • Michael Leavitt
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 7, 2007
        Celesst Nash-Weninger wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I'm new here and glad to have found others to connect with. I look
        > forward to learning what I can, and sharing what I know.

        Congratulations and welcome aboard.
      • bicyclesophie
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 12, 2007
          Hello, its nice to meet you.

          I read in another site that you have known Stephan Hoeller for over 40
          years. I wonder if you could help me. I have been trying to make
          contact with a human, any human, from the Gnostic Society for over a
          month now. I have written and emailed but with no responses. I would
          very much like to have information about becomming a member of the
          Gnostic Society, becomming a member of a Gnostic church. I need
          community, it means a lot to me. Could you please offer me some
          advice? Some assistance? Thank you so much.

          Celeste
        • Michael Leavitt
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 12, 2007
            I have cc'ed this to one of our women priests who is more active than
            I. We have no formal membership unless you enter the clergy. And yes,
            I have known Stephen Hoeller for over 40 years, believe it or not.
            Where are you, I can tell you if there is a group nearby.

            --
            Mike Leavitt, senior priest, Ecclesia Gnostica

            bicyclesophie wrote:
            > Hello, its nice to meet you.
            >
            > I read in another site that you have known Stephan Hoeller for over 40
            > years. I wonder if you could help me. I have been trying to make
            > contact with a human, any human, from the Gnostic Society for over a
            > month now. I have written and emailed but with no responses. I would
            > very much like to have information about becomming a member of the
            > Gnostic Society, becomming a member of a Gnostic church. I need
            > community, it means a lot to me. Could you please offer me some
            > advice? Some assistance? Thank you so much.
            >
            > Celeste
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Rosalie Shelton
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 8, 2009
              Hi
              I call myself a Gnostic Christian but don't really know exactly if that is correct. I followed Sylvia Browne and still read her material with some reservations. Out of many, I have one Edgar Cayce book I love, "Story of Jesus". I am a fan of Elaine Pagel's books and follow the works of Biblical timelines and translations. I am a member of Truth or Traditions yahoo group as well as their studies on their websites.

              I have changed my lifelong Biblical beliefs as I age but I can never change how much I love the Word of God and works of Jesus. I never believed for a moment that the God of the Old Testament was my God and after reading and studying gnostic literature I was very happy that I was not alone when it comes to sharing my belief that God is Love.

              Thanks,
              Rose
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 8, 2009
                --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Rosalie Shelton" <rosashelton@...> wrote:

                > Hi
                > I call myself a Gnostic Christian but don't really know exactly if that is correct. I followed Sylvia Browne and still read her material with some reservations. Out of many, I have one Edgar Cayce book I love, "Story of Jesus". I am a fan of Elaine Pagel's books and follow the works of Biblical timelines and translations. I am a member of Truth or Traditions yahoo group as well as their studies on their websites.
                >
                > I have changed my lifelong Biblical beliefs as I age but I can never change how much I love the Word of God and works of Jesus. I never believed for a moment that the God of the Old Testament was my God and after reading and studying gnostic literature I was very happy that I was not alone when it comes to sharing my belief that God is Love.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Rose

                Welcome, Rose, and thank you very much for your introduction. It looks like you have encountered a variety of experiences along your path.

                For purposes of our group, would you like to share which Gnostic literature you enjoy? Also, from your readings, what do the Gnostics say about love in relation to the Gnostic conception of the ultimate Source?

                Cari
              • Brian
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 9, 2009
                  Hello roze! I understand where your coming from.I even have a dog named edgar!
                  He has helped me to interperate that inner voice that's leads,guides,and directs me.
                  not the dog;) --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, lady_caritas <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Rosalie Shelton" <rosashelton@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi
                  > > I call myself a Gnostic Christian but don't really know exactly if that is correct. I followed Sylvia Browne and still read her material with some reservations. Out of many, I have one Edgar Cayce book I love, "Story of Jesus". I am a fan of Elaine Pagel's books and follow the works of Biblical timelines and translations. I am a member of Truth or Traditions yahoo group as well as their studies on their websites.
                  > >
                  > > I have changed my lifelong Biblical beliefs as I age but I can never change how much I love the Word of God and works of Jesus. I never believed for a moment that the God of the Old Testament was my God and after reading and studying gnostic literature I was very happy that I was not alone when it comes to sharing my belief that God is Love.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Rose
                  > >

                  > Welcome, Rose, and thank you very much for your introduction. It looks like you have encountered a variety of experiences along your path.
                  >
                  > For purposes of our group, would you like to share which Gnostic literature you enjoy? Also, from your readings, what do the Gnostics say about love in relation to the Gnostic conception of the ultimate Source?
                  >
                  > Cari

                • Rosalie Shelton
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 14, 2009
                    --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <humbleservant1god@...> wrote:

                    > Hello roze! I understand where your coming from.I even have a dog named edgar!
                    > He has helped me to interperate that inner voice that's leads,guides,and directs me.
                    > not the dog;)

                    Yes, Cayce's book about Jesus gave me a few answers I needed in my life. I and some of my family members can see either ghosts or spirits without trances. And we have not been diagnosed as nuts either. I guess we all have inner intuition that can be scary at times. My father always talked about Cayce, the Aztecs and ET's. That may have led me to read Cayce and then to discover that Sylvia Browne had similar philosophies. I even took a course in college called History of God, taught by an atheist who tried to show that most of the OT was based on Mythology. To me anytime we look at a concept to expand or mind it usually leads to a better understanding of how so many got dragged into the dogmatic rituals of religion. Ignorance is never bliss from what I have learned. To me Gnosticism leads us closer to God if we can see beyond the so called hellfire and damnation. Those things are only in our minds or situations we create when we make our own hell by living in fear or the fear of really living a life of love and understanding.

                    "What is meant by "the day of the Lord is near at hand"? (A) That as has been promised through the prophets and the sages of old, the time – and half time – has been and is being fulfilled in this day and generation, and that soon there will again appear in the earth that one through whom many will be called to meet those that are preparing the way for His day in the earth. The Lord, then, will come, `even as ye have seen him go.'" Edgar Cayce reading (262-49) July 9, 1933

                    "Let that light be within me in such measures that I, as a child of God, may realize His love for man. May I live that, then, in my life day by day." --262-129

                    "Our Father, through the love that Thou hast manifested in the world through Thy son, the Christ, make us more aware of 'God is Love.'" --262-43

                    http://www.are-cayce.org/readings/5753/002.html

                    In Christ,
                    Rose