Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Gospel of Judas

  • Melissa McIntyre
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 9, 2006
      Sorry if I offended, but I was having a bad experience in another group and I guess it surfaced here. I am sorry if I came off strong in my words. Please accept my apology.

      Melissa

      Hey Melissa

      >>>Well, with some people being new to the group, I just thought it
      would be an interesting topic to discuss.<<<

      Sure, it is very interesting to discuss. That is why I said we have
      discussed it and surely can continue to discuss it. I encourage as
      much discussion on the topic as we can muster.

      >>>Sorry to offend with the link, but people do have their own views
      on things, just like the BAR does that a lot people don't like the
      controversy. <<<

      Hmmm, I am not sure what made you think there was any offence,
      Melissa. Let me put such thoughts to rest right now since I believe
      you may have misread my intent... I see absolutely no reason for any
      kind of offence. On the contrary, I very simply and bluntly was
      stating that there were some historically questionable materials in
      the link that I felt should be discussed, so I pointed them out. This
      is not to say you should not have posted the link, but if a link is
      posted they are open for discussion, right? Otherwise, what would be
      the function of having the link?

      We also encourage you to search through our own archives for subjects
      like this and bring the issues up again if you feel they are of
      interest to you. And, if you look to your left on the forum home page
      you will also see pages for links, files, and a database that may have
      some interesting materials to browse.

      If you have questions or comments concerning the page you offered, or
      my observations about the page, you are very welcome to bring them up.
      That is part of what we are here for.

      >>>If we all shared the same view......there would be no need for
      discussions. <<<

      Very true, and I was discussing just as you suggest we should. That is
      why I have asked questions and raised issues. Now it is your turn to
      do the same ;)

      I would like to give you fair warning. We do sometimes get in an
      academic mode here when we talk about the historical side of things
      (which is part of our focus). This means we can be a bit blunt and
      direct, and it may be best not to read overly much emotion into posts
      in those cases. If I say something like "I am not aware of any
      evidence to support _____" or "The texts we have suggest _____", I am
      not being grumpy or offended.... think of it instead as a chance to
      present contrary evidence or to test your view against what can
      actually be demonstrated historically.

      PMCV

      The Dragon Speaks......Listen.

      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 9, 2006
        Hey Melissa

        >>>Sorry if I offended, but I was having a bad experience in another
        group and I guess it surfaced here. I am sorry if I came off strong in
        my words. Please accept my apology.<<<

        Ah, I can understand that. I have been in the same position. Thank you
        for explaining. I wish I had read this one before answering the post I
        just sent... consider my post right before this one null ;)