Enlightenment

  • Melissa McIntyre
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
      Hello everyone!

      For a long time I have been studying theology, and have come across A LOT of enlightening information. The only problem that I face is what to do with all the information that I possess. One part of me says share it, another part of me says no, don't, people won't understand and not grasp what I am saying and will ridicule me. So, I am still left with the question, what do I do?

      Well, one book has helped me along this journey and has been a very insightful book. If any of you want some self insight, this is a great book to read. It is called Secrets From The Lost Bible by Kenneth Hanson. It is a very enlightening book. Some of what he says I still having trouble believing but it is a great book for inner spiritual paths. One part of this book really stood out to me and I would like to share it with you all.

      When we enter the World of Being, we establish a God's-eye view of the world. We learn to release the fears that keep us focused on materiality, judgments, hatred, and prejudice. Our actions become more meaningful. We are able to evaluate knowledge more effectively, transcending the bombardment of information that is so much a part of life.

      The Lost Bible tells us that as human beings, we are truly spirit beings---having sprouted from the divine seed. While the book of 2 Enoch goes on to recount the story of Adam and the fall from grace, we need to consider above all what this "psuedepigraphical" work tells us about ourselves and about the value of the human being. In 2 Enoch God adds details not found in the book of Genesis;

      "For Adam, I created a wide-open heaven, in which he could see the divine angels, as they triumphantly sing. There was also a light that can never be extinguished, which was always burning in Paradise. Even the Evil One understood that I wished to create an entire world, over which Adam could rule."

      We may agonize over whether we believe in God, but it is clear that God believes in us. If we can only clear away the cobwebs in our minds--glimpse that wide-open heaven--we will understand that our potential is unlimited, and our powers are multifold. We always have options. After all, look who we have as our Source. The first step toward reaching our potential is of course to change our focus from the physical to the metaphysical, to let the breath of the Eternal fuse with our own.

      After reading this, just this morning I may add, it gave me the enlightenment and the courage to start speaking out. I have only really shared my views and opinions with my husband. When I read this book, it feels like it is talking to me directly, crazy as it may sound, but I believe God is talking to me through this book. It is a great and exhilerating feeling. If you haven't already read this book, you must. It is wonderful. So, I will end right now because I know how people don't like to read long winded emails in groups. So take care and have a great day!!!

      Melissa

      The Dragon Speaks......Listen.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2006
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Melissa McIntyre <oakraven71@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        potential is unlimited, and our powers are multifold. We always have
        options. After all, look who we have as our Source. The first step
        toward reaching our potential is of course to change our focus from
        the physical to the metaphysical, to let the breath of the Eternal
        fuse with our own.

        > After reading this, just this morning I may add, it gave me the
        enlightenment and the courage to start speaking out. I have only
        really shared my views and opinions with my husband. When I read this
        book, it feels like it is talking to me directly, crazy as it may
        sound, but I believe God is talking to me through this book. It is a
        great and exhilerating feeling. If you haven't already read this
        book, you must. It is wonderful. So, I will end right now because I
        know how people don't like to read long winded emails in groups. So

        Hello, Melissa. I haven't read this book by Hebrew scholar Kenneth
        Hanson, but from what I read about it in the link you give in your
        succeeding post (#12831), _Secrets from the Lost Bible_ covers large
        ground, including a wide variety of extracanonical literature from
        apocrypha, pseudepigrapha, Kabbalah, the Dead Sea scrolls, in
        addition to some Gnostic writings.

        As you continue reading, Melissa, be sure to share with us any
        insights related to our more specific focus of historical Gnosticism.

        Keeping that in mind, I would like to comment that in Gnostic
        writings, the creator god, the "demiurge," was not considered
        the "True God" or ultimate Source. If you and others would like to
        read further, here is an article by Stephan Hoeller regarding the
        subject of Genesis you introduce:
        http://www.gnosis.org/genesis.html

        How might this article compare to the treatment used in Dr. Hanson's
        book?