Hello, new to the group

  • Melissa McIntyre
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      Greetings Everyone,

      I am new to the group and just wanted to say Hello and look forward to all the discussions. Gnosticism is new to me, so I am anxiously awaiting what I can learn from this group.  Hope you all have a great day!!!

      Melissa

      The Dragon Speaks......Listen.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
        Hello Melissa, welcome to the group. You stated....

        >>>I am new to the group and just wanted to say Hello and look
        forward to all the discussions. Gnosticism is new to me, so I am
        anxiously awaiting what I can learn from this group.<<<

        Feel free to ask questions, raise issues, explain your perspective,
        and so on. So you are new to the subject? Lately there has been a
        good number of popular books comming out that deal with Gnosticism,
        such as the newly published Gospel of Judas, as well as regular
        appearances of scholars who deal with the subject on TV programs,
        especially on the History Channel. There have even been movies the
        last few years that seem to conciously borrow from Gnostic thought.
        Obviously some of these sources are more accurate and more genuinely
        reflective of traditional Gnostic ideas than others, but all have
        served to bring attention to Gnosticism.

        Perhaps you can tell us a little about how you came to hear of
        Gnosticism? Also, what about Gnosticism most interested you? Is there
        anything in Gnostic thinking that you find particularly confusing or
        are unsure about?

        PMCV
      • Melissa McIntyre
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
          I have heard about Gnosticism for quite some time now, just never really looked into it until recently. I stumbled across it in again in my theology research so I decided to persue the knowledge of it this time. I just recently purchased the Gnostic Bible, haven't gotten to read it yet because I am currently read two other books that I am in the middle of with my research, but can't wait to get into it. When I came across this group I decided to join to get some more insight on Gnosticism.

          Thanks for the welcome and I probably will have questions and will definately enjoy the discussions.

          Melissa