Re: Genuine Gnostics

    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 17, 2006
      What? The shaved head isn't sexy? Drat!

      > lady_caritas wrote:
      > > Ah, thanks for that, Mike. So, I was expressing myself like
      PMCV?

      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 17, 2006
        Mike...

        >>>I'm tempted to say it is because they are airheads, but probably
        it is lazyness, as thought is difficult especially about symbolic
        visions and experiences, it is easier just to "intuit" and go on.<<<

        I am REALLY glad you said it and not me *lol*. Well, I do like to
        try and play "good cop" SOMETIMES ;) Seriously though, I think what
        you point out is a common problem with popular postmodernist belief.

        >>>Real intuition is seeing everything at once on any given matter,
        abstract thought, so even here things get messed up.<<<

        Indeed. In fact, maybe we should not blame the people who are simply
        taking this word in common English usage, but instead the
        translators who mistakenly put the term in the texts. Many people
        simply assume it is some kind of "gut feeling" or "precognition"
        (common to modern usage), when in fact the texts talk about it in a
        very different way.

        >>>Maybe this whole thing is why old Max Heindel once said, you
        never understand anything until you have explained it to another.<<<

        Don't know so much about Max, but it does remind me of a much older
        saying... "one who does not know the words does not know the
        meanings"