Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

New to group

Expand Messages
  • Anita Daye
    Thank you for the welcome. I am new to gnosticism. I have read the following: by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy The Jesus Mysteries, Jesus and the Lost Goddess,
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 30, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Thank you for the welcome.  I am new to gnosticism.  I have read the following: by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy
       
      The Jesus Mysteries, Jesus and the Lost Goddess,  The Laughing Jesus; The Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Paigels;  The Gnostics by Tobias Churton.  I am currently reading Gnosticism New Light on The Ancient Tradition of Inner Knowing.  I am mesmerized.  I finally found a "religious" veiw I can relate to.  However, I haven't found anyone, other than my son, that I can discuss the concepts with.  This is very frustrating.  I am anxious for group discussion and insight.
       
      Anita
    • imdarkchylde
      Shalom and wingwhispers, Anita!! Boy, do I relate to about not having anyone to discuss your ideas and beliefs with! My husband leans towards a Druidic view
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 31, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        Shalom and wingwhispers, Anita!!
        Boy, do I relate to about not having anyone to discuss your ideas and
        beliefs with! My husband leans towards a Druidic view and so he is
        understanding of my beliefs and I am lucky enough to have my closest
        friend, although she is mainstream Christian, (she is nothing like
        the ones who use their beliefs to look down on or subjegate others,
        but my family are barely tolerant of my 'heresy' and they figure I'll
        eventually 'grow out of it.' Not a chance!! But you will find
        others to share with and ask questions. It is hard when you are
        involved in something relatively unknown to have that shared
        community.
        I haven't had a chance to recommend much yet, but Karen King has some
        excellent work out and I deeply respect and admire Tau Malachi, who
        has written "Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ" and other books that are
        very deep and have a great way of being deeply spiritual and yet
        distinctfully practical, with much on how to incorrperate the belief
        with lifestyle. He is part of the Sophian Fellowship and the http for
        the group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SophiaFellowship/ and I
        highly recommend this site and interaction with this group. Of
        course, the Nag Hammadi Library has been on my list of faves for some
        time (online), but I think they have already been recommended.
        Blessings and good luck!
        Love and inner peas,
        DarkChylde


        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Anita Daye" <adaye1@...> wrote:
        >
        > Thank you for the welcome. I am new to gnosticism. I have read the
        > following: by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy
        >
        > The Jesus Mysteries, Jesus and the Lost Goddess, The Laughing
        Jesus; The
        > Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Paigels; The Gnostics by Tobias
        Churton. I am
        > currently reading Gnosticism New Light on The Ancient Tradition of
        Inner
        > Knowing. I am mesmerized. I finally found a "religious" veiw I
        can relate
        > to. However, I haven't found anyone, other than my son, that I can
        discuss
        > the concepts with. This is very frustrating. I am anxious for
        group
        > discussion and insight.
        >
        > Anita
        >
      • Nick Lawrance
        From Anita Daye However, I haven t found anyone, other than my son, that I can discuss the concepts with. This is very frustrating. I am anxious for group
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 31, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          From Anita Daye
           
          However, I haven't found anyone, other than my son, that I can discuss the concepts with.  This is very frustrating.  I am anxious for group discussion and insight.
          ...............
          Hi and welcome to the group, the best way to gain insights is to post your questions to the forum.
           
          Nick
           
          ----- Original Message -----
          Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:19 AM
          Subject: [Gnosticism2] New to group

          Thank you for the welcome.  I am new to gnosticism.  I have read the following: by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy
           
          The Jesus Mysteries, Jesus and the Lost Goddess,  The Laughing Jesus; The Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Paigels;  The Gnostics by Tobias Churton.  I am currently reading Gnosticism New Light on The Ancient Tradition of Inner Knowing.  I am mesmerized.  I finally found a "religious" veiw I can relate to.  However, I haven't found anyone, other than my son, that I can discuss the concepts with.  This is very frustrating.  I am anxious for group discussion and insight.
           
          Anita

        • Celesst Nash-Weninger
          Hello all, I m new here and glad to have found others to connect with. I look forward to learning what I can, and sharing what I know. C
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 7, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            Hello all,

            I'm new here and glad to have found others to connect with. I look
            forward to learning what I can, and sharing what I know.

            C
          • Michael Leavitt
            ... Congratulations and welcome aboard.
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 7, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              Celesst Nash-Weninger wrote:
              > Hello all,
              >
              > I'm new here and glad to have found others to connect with. I look
              > forward to learning what I can, and sharing what I know.
              >
              > C
              >
              >
              Congratulations and welcome aboard.
            • bicyclesophie
              Hello, its nice to meet you. I read in another site that you have known Stephan Hoeller for over 40 years. I wonder if you could help me. I have been trying
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 12, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                Hello, its nice to meet you.

                I read in another site that you have known Stephan Hoeller for over 40
                years. I wonder if you could help me. I have been trying to make
                contact with a human, any human, from the Gnostic Society for over a
                month now. I have written and emailed but with no responses. I would
                very much like to have information about becomming a member of the
                Gnostic Society, becomming a member of a Gnostic church. I need
                community, it means a lot to me. Could you please offer me some
                advice? Some assistance? Thank you so much.

                Celeste
              • Michael Leavitt
                I have cc ed this to one of our women priests who is more active than I. We have no formal membership unless you enter the clergy. And yes, I have known
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 12, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  I have cc'ed this to one of our women priests who is more active than
                  I. We have no formal membership unless you enter the clergy. And yes,
                  I have known Stephen Hoeller for over 40 years, believe it or not.
                  Where are you, I can tell you if there is a group nearby.

                  --
                  Mike Leavitt, senior priest, Ecclesia Gnostica

                  bicyclesophie wrote:
                  > Hello, its nice to meet you.
                  >
                  > I read in another site that you have known Stephan Hoeller for over 40
                  > years. I wonder if you could help me. I have been trying to make
                  > contact with a human, any human, from the Gnostic Society for over a
                  > month now. I have written and emailed but with no responses. I would
                  > very much like to have information about becomming a member of the
                  > Gnostic Society, becomming a member of a Gnostic church. I need
                  > community, it means a lot to me. Could you please offer me some
                  > advice? Some assistance? Thank you so much.
                  >
                  > Celeste
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                • Rosalie Shelton
                  Hi I call myself a Gnostic Christian but don t really know exactly if that is correct. I followed Sylvia Browne and still read her material with some
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 8, 2009
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi
                    I call myself a Gnostic Christian but don't really know exactly if that is correct. I followed Sylvia Browne and still read her material with some reservations. Out of many, I have one Edgar Cayce book I love, "Story of Jesus". I am a fan of Elaine Pagel's books and follow the works of Biblical timelines and translations. I am a member of Truth or Traditions yahoo group as well as their studies on their websites.

                    I have changed my lifelong Biblical beliefs as I age but I can never change how much I love the Word of God and works of Jesus. I never believed for a moment that the God of the Old Testament was my God and after reading and studying gnostic literature I was very happy that I was not alone when it comes to sharing my belief that God is Love.

                    Thanks,
                    Rose
                  • lady_caritas
                    ... Welcome, Rose, and thank you very much for your introduction. It looks like you have encountered a variety of experiences along your path. For purposes of
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 8, 2009
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Rosalie Shelton" <rosashelton@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Hi
                      > I call myself a Gnostic Christian but don't really know exactly if that is correct. I followed Sylvia Browne and still read her material with some reservations. Out of many, I have one Edgar Cayce book I love, "Story of Jesus". I am a fan of Elaine Pagel's books and follow the works of Biblical timelines and translations. I am a member of Truth or Traditions yahoo group as well as their studies on their websites.
                      >
                      > I have changed my lifelong Biblical beliefs as I age but I can never change how much I love the Word of God and works of Jesus. I never believed for a moment that the God of the Old Testament was my God and after reading and studying gnostic literature I was very happy that I was not alone when it comes to sharing my belief that God is Love.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Rose
                      >


                      Welcome, Rose, and thank you very much for your introduction. It looks like you have encountered a variety of experiences along your path.

                      For purposes of our group, would you like to share which Gnostic literature you enjoy? Also, from your readings, what do the Gnostics say about love in relation to the Gnostic conception of the ultimate Source?

                      Cari
                    • Brian
                      Hello roze! I understand where your coming from.I even have a dog named edgar! He has helped me to interperate that inner voice that s leads,guides,and directs
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 9, 2009
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Hello roze! I understand where your coming from.I even have a dog named edgar!
                        He has helped me to interperate that inner voice that's leads,guides,and directs me.
                        not the dog;) --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, lady_caritas <no_reply@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Rosalie Shelton" <rosashelton@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi
                        > > I call myself a Gnostic Christian but don't really know exactly if that is correct. I followed Sylvia Browne and still read her material with some reservations. Out of many, I have one Edgar Cayce book I love, "Story of Jesus". I am a fan of Elaine Pagel's books and follow the works of Biblical timelines and translations. I am a member of Truth or Traditions yahoo group as well as their studies on their websites.
                        > >
                        > > I have changed my lifelong Biblical beliefs as I age but I can never change how much I love the Word of God and works of Jesus. I never believed for a moment that the God of the Old Testament was my God and after reading and studying gnostic literature I was very happy that I was not alone when it comes to sharing my belief that God is Love.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > > Rose
                        > >
                        >
                        >
                        > Welcome, Rose, and thank you very much for your introduction. It looks like you have encountered a variety of experiences along your path.
                        >
                        > For purposes of our group, would you like to share which Gnostic literature you enjoy? Also, from your readings, what do the Gnostics say about love in relation to the Gnostic conception of the ultimate Source?
                        >
                        > Cari
                        >
                      • Rosalie Shelton
                        ... Yes, Cayce s book about Jesus gave me a few answers I needed in my life. I and some of my family members can see either ghosts or spirits without trances.
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 14, 2009
                        • 0 Attachment
                          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <humbleservant1god@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > Hello roze! I understand where your coming from.I even have a dog named edgar!
                          > He has helped me to interperate that inner voice that's leads,guides,and directs me.
                          > not the dog;)

                          Yes, Cayce's book about Jesus gave me a few answers I needed in my life. I and some of my family members can see either ghosts or spirits without trances. And we have not been diagnosed as nuts either. I guess we all have inner intuition that can be scary at times. My father always talked about Cayce, the Aztecs and ET's. That may have led me to read Cayce and then to discover that Sylvia Browne had similar philosophies. I even took a course in college called History of God, taught by an atheist who tried to show that most of the OT was based on Mythology. To me anytime we look at a concept to expand or mind it usually leads to a better understanding of how so many got dragged into the dogmatic rituals of religion. Ignorance is never bliss from what I have learned. To me Gnosticism leads us closer to God if we can see beyond the so called hellfire and damnation. Those things are only in our minds or situations we create when we make our own hell by living in fear or the fear of really living a life of love and understanding.

                          **********************************************************
                          "What is meant by "the day of the Lord is near at hand"? (A) That as has been promised through the prophets and the sages of old, the time – and half time – has been and is being fulfilled in this day and generation, and that soon there will again appear in the earth that one through whom many will be called to meet those that are preparing the way for His day in the earth. The Lord, then, will come, `even as ye have seen him go.'" Edgar Cayce reading (262-49) July 9, 1933

                          "Let that light be within me in such measures that I, as a child of God, may realize His love for man. May I live that, then, in my life day by day." --262-129

                          "Our Father, through the love that Thou hast manifested in the world through Thy son, the Christ, make us more aware of 'God is Love.'" --262-43

                          http://www.are-cayce.org/readings/5753/002.html

                          In Christ,
                          Rose
                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.