Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: A Better Solution

  • verna ward
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
      Hi, Chuck!
      In Isaiah 45:7 "I form(yotzer) the light and create(boreb) darkness."  I believe this to mean that the light existed first, Ain Sof, and it became aware of 'itself', and that formed the first diffrentation that created the first duality.  But it all comes from the same source.  The only difference between medicine and poison could be dosage.
      Love and inner peas
      DarkChylde

      flowjack11 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hello, DarkChyld,

      The Demiurge could be the grandfather, yes. On the other hand, he
      could be the bastard son of his unknowable father who stands behind
      an ultimate one way mirror.

      Best wishes,

      Chuck

      --- In gnosticism2@ yahoogroups. com, "imdarkchylde"
      <imdarkchylde@ ...> wrote:

      > Blessings, Chuck and Cari!!
      > It sounds very good and seems to be replete with introspection,
      but I
      > am not sure how it applies to the Gnostic way of thinking.
      > Is the grandfather the Demiurge?
      > Can the same logic processes apply to the other side- in other
      word,
      > perhaps the mirror can be used to love, watch love apply itself.
      > Chuck showed it can be used to the negative, but can the same idea
      be
      > used to the positive?
      > I hope I didn't confuse the issue further. A manifestation of my
      > confusion, perhaps.
      > Love and inner peas,
      > DarkChylde
      >

      > --- In gnosticism2@ yahoogroups. com, lady_caritas <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In gnosticism2@ yahoogroups. com, flowjack11 <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Our grandfather is the God of the ultimate one way mirror.
      > > >
      > > > Our father is on the reflecting side and he is his father's
      > > > bastard. All he can see is the image of his ugliness, so he
      made
      > > > lesser mirror of his own to look away from himself. Since we
      do
      > > not
      > > > even have a lesser mirror, all we can see is his ugliness in
      the
      > > > image of ourselves.
      > > >
      > > > And his father can see his son hate himself by watching us
      hate
      > > > ourselves. Since he can see his son hate himself in the image
      of
      > > > ourselves, he knows that his son wants evermore to shatter the
      > > > lesser mirror and to destroy us, so he has decided to shatter
      his
      > > > son's mirror first and to place us all in a fishing net.
      > > >
      > > > But good fish do not allow themselves to be caught. That is
      why
      > we
      > > > should craft our own one way mirror before our grandfather
      > comes.
      > > > When he shatters our father's mirror, we can replace it with a
      > new
      > > > one that faces them both. Then our forbearers will see
      > themselves
      > > > in their ugliness and will be forced to reconcile with each
      > other.
      > > > In this manner we can save our family and finally be free of
      > them,
      > > > for we do not need them. In this manner we will become the
      Gods

      http://mail.yahoo.com