A Better Solution

  • flowjack11
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2006
      Our grandfather is the God of the ultimate one way mirror.

      Our father is on the reflecting side and he is his father's
      bastard. All he can see is the image of his ugliness, so he made a
      lesser mirror of his own to look away from himself. Since we do not
      even have a lesser mirror, all we can see is his ugliness in the
      image of ourselves.

      And his father can see his son hate himself by watching us hate
      ourselves. Since he can see his son hate himself in the image of
      ourselves, he knows that his son wants evermore to shatter the
      lesser mirror and to destroy us, so he has decided to shatter his
      son's mirror first and to place us all in a fishing net.

      But good fish do not allow themselves to be caught. That is why we
      should craft our own one way mirror before our grandfather comes.
      When he shatters our father's mirror, we can replace it with a new
      one that faces them both. Then our forbearers will see themselves
      in their ugliness and will be forced to reconcile with each other.
      In this manner we can save our family and finally be free of them,
      for we do not need them. In this manner we will become the Gods of
      ourselves, only we will take care not to conceive a bastard son.

      The one who understands my words will not be deluded by those who
      want to take him away from himself.
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2006
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, flowjack11 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Our grandfather is the God of the ultimate one way mirror.
        >
        > Our father is on the reflecting side and he is his father's
        > bastard. All he can see is the image of his ugliness, so he made a
        > lesser mirror of his own to look away from himself. Since we do
        not
        > even have a lesser mirror, all we can see is his ugliness in the
        > image of ourselves.
        >
        > And his father can see his son hate himself by watching us hate
        > ourselves. Since he can see his son hate himself in the image of
        > ourselves, he knows that his son wants evermore to shatter the
        > lesser mirror and to destroy us, so he has decided to shatter his
        > son's mirror first and to place us all in a fishing net.
        >
        > But good fish do not allow themselves to be caught. That is why we
        > should craft our own one way mirror before our grandfather comes.
        > When he shatters our father's mirror, we can replace it with a new
        > one that faces them both. Then our forbearers will see themselves
        > in their ugliness and will be forced to reconcile with each other.
        > In this manner we can save our family and finally be free of them,
        > for we do not need them. In this manner we will become the Gods of
        > ourselves, only we will take care not to conceive a bastard son.
        >
        > The one who understands my words will not be deluded by those who
        > want to take him away from himself.

        Hello, Chuck. How would you (or others) compare these words to any
        of the ancient Gnostic cosmologies?

        Cari
      • imdarkchylde
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25, 2006
          Blessings, Chuck and Cari!!
          It sounds very good and seems to be replete with introspection, but I
          am not sure how it applies to the Gnostic way of thinking.
          Is the grandfather the Demiurge?
          Can the same logic processes apply to the other side- in other word,
          perhaps the mirror can be used to love, watch love apply itself.
          Chuck showed it can be used to the negative, but can the same idea be
          used to the positive?
          I hope I didn't confuse the issue further. A manifestation of my
          confusion, perhaps.
          Love and inner peas,
          DarkChylde

          > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, flowjack11 <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Our grandfather is the God of the ultimate one way mirror.
          > >
          > > Our father is on the reflecting side and he is his father's
          > > bastard. All he can see is the image of his ugliness, so he made
          > > lesser mirror of his own to look away from himself. Since we do
          > not
          > > even have a lesser mirror, all we can see is his ugliness in the
          > > image of ourselves.
          > >
          > > And his father can see his son hate himself by watching us hate
          > > ourselves. Since he can see his son hate himself in the image of
          > > ourselves, he knows that his son wants evermore to shatter the
          > > lesser mirror and to destroy us, so he has decided to shatter his
          > > son's mirror first and to place us all in a fishing net.
          > >
          > > But good fish do not allow themselves to be caught. That is why
          we
          > > should craft our own one way mirror before our grandfather
          comes.
          > > When he shatters our father's mirror, we can replace it with a
          new
          > > one that faces them both. Then our forbearers will see
          themselves
          > > in their ugliness and will be forced to reconcile with each
          other.
          > > In this manner we can save our family and finally be free of
          them,
          > > for we do not need them. In this manner we will become the Gods
          of
          > > ourselves, only we will take care not to conceive a bastard son.
          > >
          > > The one who understands my words will not be deluded by those who
          > > want to take him away from himself.
          > >

          > Hello, Chuck. How would you (or others) compare these words to any
          > of the ancient Gnostic cosmologies?
          >
          > Cari

        • flowjack11
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
            Hello, DarkChyld,

            The Demiurge could be the grandfather, yes. On the other hand, he
            could be the bastard son of his unknowable father who stands behind
            an ultimate one way mirror.

            Best wishes,

            Chuck

            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "imdarkchylde"
            <imdarkchylde@...> wrote:

            > Blessings, Chuck and Cari!!
            > It sounds very good and seems to be replete with introspection,
            but I
            > am not sure how it applies to the Gnostic way of thinking.
            > Is the grandfather the Demiurge?
            > Can the same logic processes apply to the other side- in other
            word,
            > perhaps the mirror can be used to love, watch love apply itself.
            > Chuck showed it can be used to the negative, but can the same idea
            be
            > used to the positive?
            > I hope I didn't confuse the issue further. A manifestation of my
            > confusion, perhaps.
            > Love and inner peas,
            > DarkChylde
            >

            > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, lady_caritas <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, flowjack11 <no_reply@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Our grandfather is the God of the ultimate one way mirror.
            > > >
            > > > Our father is on the reflecting side and he is his father's
            > > > bastard. All he can see is the image of his ugliness, so he
            made
            > > > lesser mirror of his own to look away from himself. Since we
            do
            > > not
            > > > even have a lesser mirror, all we can see is his ugliness in
            the
            > > > image of ourselves.
            > > >
            > > > And his father can see his son hate himself by watching us
            hate
            > > > ourselves. Since he can see his son hate himself in the image
            of
            > > > ourselves, he knows that his son wants evermore to shatter the
            > > > lesser mirror and to destroy us, so he has decided to shatter
            his
            > > > son's mirror first and to place us all in a fishing net.
            > > >
            > > > But good fish do not allow themselves to be caught. That is
            why
            > we
            > > > should craft our own one way mirror before our grandfather
            > comes.
            > > > When he shatters our father's mirror, we can replace it with a
            > new
            > > > one that faces them both. Then our forbearers will see
            > themselves
            > > > in their ugliness and will be forced to reconcile with each
            > other.
            > > > In this manner we can save our family and finally be free of
            > them,
            > > > for we do not need them. In this manner we will become the
            Gods
            > of
            > > > ourselves, only we will take care not to conceive a bastard
            son.

            > > > The one who understands my words will not be deluded by those
            who
            > > > want to take him away from himself.
            > > >

            > > Hello, Chuck. How would you (or others) compare these words to
            any
            > > of the ancient Gnostic cosmologies?
            > >
            > > Cari

          • verna ward
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
              Hi, Chuck!
              In Isaiah 45:7 "I form(yotzer) the light and create(boreb) darkness."  I believe this to mean that the light existed first, Ain Sof, and it became aware of 'itself', and that formed the first diffrentation that created the first duality.  But it all comes from the same source.  The only difference between medicine and poison could be dosage.
              Love and inner peas
              DarkChylde

              http://mail.yahoo.com