The Gospel of Thomas This Sunday on Coffee, Cigs & Gnosis

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006
      Tommy, can you hear me? Actually, can we hear Tommy?

      We engage this week in a relaxed yet encyclopedic appraisal of the
      most popular Nag Hammadi Scripture, the Fifth Gospel, and the
      Q-theorist Darling: The Gospel of Thomas. Not only do we explore the
      origins, impact, translations, theories of Tommy boy's list of
      sayings, we also reveal the practical and spiritual message on how to
      expand one's consciousness.

      David F. Capps, author of `The Gospel of Thomas: A Blue Print For
      Spiritual Growth' joins `Coffee, Cigarettes & Gnosis' this Sunday,
      August 6 at 3 PM PST/5 PM CST/6 PM EST through Freethoughtmedia.com.
      Just click the `tune in' button under the banner.

      Topics discussed:

      --New scholarship that poses Thomas was written in Egypt instead of
      Syria as been believed.
      --The various translations, discoveries, and resources on
      understanding The Fifth Gospel.
      --Analysis of the harder sayings that have confounded people.
      --The dark reasons the Orthodox Church rejected this work for being in
      the Canon.
      --How to maximize this work for a better understanding in spiritual,
      transcendental and psychological wholeness. Reading and studying
      isn't enough unless you live it, Truthseekers.
      --Arguments against and for the Gospel of Thomas being Gnostic in nature.
      --Is The Gospel of Thomas strong evidence that Christianity sprung
      from a Jewish Mystery School?
      --How Thomas does support the Second Coming of JesusÂ…but not like
      we've been taught (sorry Pat Robertson).

      I'll be in the Freethoughtmedia chatroom battling dogmatic atheists
      and fundamentalist Christians. Join me if you feel like giving The
      Devil his dues.

      Judas Thomas was the twin of The Christ. It's time we became his twin
      as well.

      Next week we inspect the Cathars and Knight Templars. We introduce
      jolting new revelations on two groups that have captivated the
      imagination of the dreamers and truthseekers of this world. The
      wonder never ceases on The Knowers who were despised and exterminated
      by Orthodoxy.

      The past is so dark I gotta wear lampshades.

      Abraxas