[Fwd: LAFN Systems Bulletin - E-mail to Yahoo addresses]

  • Michael Leavitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: LAFN Systems Bulletin - E-mail to Yahoo addresses
      From: Doug Hardie <bc979@...>

      To avoid waiting for an e-mail response, TRY FAQ and the USER'S GUIDE FIRST!
      Helping yourself is the best way to learn

      As of Thursday, 3 Aug 2006 we have a large backlog of mail to be delivered
      to Yahoo. They are not accepting it without long delays.

      It appears that Yahoo has implemented their service by payment program.
      E-mail to Yahoo is being delayed by hours and days in some cases from LAFN
      since we are not paying them for each email sent. If you are sending e-mail
      or have your e-mail forwarded to Yahoo addresses please understand there
      will be significant delays. The fate of Net Neutrality in Congress is still
      unknown, but prospects are not good. Unless Congress mandates Net Neutrality,
      other ISPs will also start demanding payments.

      -- LAFN Systems Administration

    • imdarkchylde
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
        Shalom, Michael!!
        Is there any action that someone can take to help? I've been
        hearing about this Net Neutrality thing.
        Love and peas
        Darkchylde

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Michael Leavitt <ac998@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        8/3/2006

      • Michael Leavitt
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
          imdarkchylde wrote:
          > Shalom, Michael!!
          > Is there any action that someone can take to help? I've been
          > hearing about this Net Neutrality thing.
          > Love and peas
          > Darkchylde

          I'm sure there is a blog or group somewhere. This does not appear to
          affect yahoo list mail BTW.