Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: True Gnosis

  • verna ward
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2006
      That's true.  I can personally derive a similar message from either viewpoints, but I realize that many couldn't or wouldn't want to.  It is a thread I find prevalent in many faiths, said many ways.  But I seek the common thread, which in my mind one validates the other.  But I doubt the ancient gnostics did this, or felt that was the point. ( I'm feeling round and rather pointless. )
      Perhaps the orthodox feel I corrupt the scriptures by believing that much is symbolism and allagory, but perhaps the other spiritual communities would feel I am corrupting their beliefs and structures by seeking to draw parallels and show similarities.  It is never taken well yet, anyway.
      Love and peas
      Darkchylde

      Nick Lawrance <nicholson2000ret@...> wrote:
      From Darkchylde

      I will try, although expanding on my ideas sometimes seems to offend.
      I meant if you believe (or think or have come-to-the- conclusion)
      that the stories of Jesus were true facts of history, complilation
      of myths and beliefs, or whatever, that one can interpret the same
      message from all of it.
      Did I make my statement clearer or did I sling more mud on the lens?
      Darkchylde

      Well I wouldn't be so sure about that as the Gnostics were accused of corrupting the scriptures by their Orthodox opponents when they attempted to portray the miracles in an allegorical function.

      Nick