Re: Old vs new

    Message 1 of 97 , Jul 10, 2006
      George

      I offered a model in which the core is ancient Gnosticism, and
      the "modernization" was a sort of necessary failing used only to
      help others come to understand the ancient system, and you respond...

      >>>Absolutely. This would be one of my key assertions.<<<

      In some ways that actually sounds like perhaps you agree more with
      the two Mikes than with Tom and Ken, but I am still not compeltely
      positive because I also get the impression from your prior post on
      the subject that perhaps you also feel that a certain modern
      eclecticism (rather than just a modern communicative method) is also
      valid. Perhaps then if you could explain exactly what you would
      change about traditional Gnosticism in order to "modernize" it could
      help me understand your point?

      Or, is there somewhere you would draw the line and say that the old
      system should not be changed or it could loose something?

      Actually, I would like to ask that question of all the people here
      as well. Even those who are very much for a modernization notion, is
      there anything you would say should specifically NOT be changed?

      Message 97 of 97 , Aug 20, 2006
        Michael

        >>>How could one ever conceive of Garnerian Wicca being in the least
        G/gnostic?<<<

        Er... my point exactly.