Re: Salvation

    Message 1 of 83 , Jul 1, 2006
      Aleada

      >>>With this background and also having read Freke and Gandy's books
      and Elaine Pagels, Gnostic Gospel but mostly from experiencing
      personal Gnosis which I'm sorry to say is being separated from this
      discussion or seems to be discounted.<<<

      It isn't that your personal definition of the word "Gnosis" is
      discounted here, just that it isn't the definition of the
      word "Gnosis" that this forum uses.

      >>>Freke and Gandy explain the experience of Gnosis as more than can
      be written, it must be experienced, it is that knowledge or knowing
      beyond intellect that cannot contain the totality to Gnosis.<<<

      Freke and Gandy also claim that this definition of the word "Gnosis"
      is the one used by the traditional Gnostics... but I should point
      out that Freke and Gandy are mistaken. We are a bit more technical
      here.

      >>>You are all so intelligent but you miss the mark if you think you
      will "get it" from all your books and reading, get quiet and get in
      touch with the God with in and you may start to have Gnosis.<<<

      You misunderstand, Aleada, no body suggested that your idea
      of "Gnosis" is something that would be found in a book, but you need
      to also understand the historical meaning of the word "Gnosis" and
      not only the modern definition you get from people like Freke and
      Gandy.

      whatever; the experience of Gnosis is the same, look at the mystics
      and refer to Barbara's experience and you will see what it is to
      have Gnosis.<<<

      No, that is what it means to have a mystical experience..... not
      Gnosis. They are not the same thing.

      Why do you feel that we must use your definition of the
      word "Gnosis" rather than the one this forum was designed to deal
      with? It isn't that I disagree with the importance of the experience
      you are talking about, it is just that we don't call that
      experience "Gnosis" here.

      Message 83 of 83 , Jul 1, 2006