Hello GP and PMCV

  • Dick Richardson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006

      Hello GP and PMCV

      First thank you both for your feed-back and interesting comments. Pity we do not have names here – I am Dick or Richard by the way – but if you prefer RWR then fine by me ;- )

      PMCV asks….. [thjk thjklslkcm qoiemsli sk slien sliaiallar popoew. Is your experience the same as that one?  ]

      Well, Sir or Ma’am PMCV ;- )  Alas I only speak three languages.  Cockney Rhyming Slang; Exmoor Celtish; and a touch of very poor English. However, given that you too speak English (no doubt far better than I do) I will attach an account of that which others (not I personally) came to call the Gnosis Event when they first read it) and you can tell me if it correlates ;- ) Maybe you were trying to be funny here – yeah?  Not my kind of humour really – but never mind eh.

      The most interesting question by far here is the one GP asked ……. [What is there when personality is stripped away.]

      If you are truly interested in the answer to that question (and which is a good one) then read the attached file – all of it; and it answers it in fine grain detail.

      I think in addressing both these mails here one should first point out a slight Dichotomy.  A follower (or believer) of Buddhism, does not call him or herself a Buddha. A follower (or believer) of Christianity does not call him or herself a Christ. But a follower or believer in the phenomenon of gnosis seem to call themselves Gnostics. Odd that.  This accounts for much of the problem here it would seem to me. Gnostics are not interested in beliefs they talk of what they KNOW by experience not what they know OF, from books.  Most of the Gnostics whom I have met over the years do not even call themselves Gnostics :- )))))  Gnosis is an experience not a belief system.

      But PMCV states…. [Since we are in a forum that deals specifically with historical
      Gnosticism, lets remember their perspective on it whether or not we
      agree with it
      .]

      Are you saying then that this list of 758 subscribers are all academics studying history?  Well, slap me vitals I thought they were people interested in gnosis. My mistake cobber ;- )

      OK then, History.  Who wrote it, when, and why?  Where you there to verify it?  And did they all know what they were talking about first hand?  Is gnosis dead and buried maybe?  But, if that is truly what this list is about then my mistake and I will move on, and sorry to have troubled you.

      And talking of History – and GP’s comment…. [I don't share your dislike of Priests.]

      How many gnostics, mystics, (and even psychics) have Priestcraft and Churchianty killed, burned, murdered over the last few thousand years?  Or shall we scrub around that part of history for convenience?  I too have had death threats for writing about the mystical gnosis even in this day and age.  How many have you had?  What is going on even now between the USA and parts of the Middle East?  Why do young Islamist kids run out with bombs attached to them?  Because they have been brainwashed by priestcraft that is why.  Who is it that grabs kids from the cradle and pumps their head full of crap – and sanctioned by the state?  Politics is my other big thing if one wishes to get into it :- )))))  And that is what Priestcraft is, and always HAS been into and about – under the guise of Spirituality. Bah, humbug !!!! But anyway, if you like Priestcraft then fine, go and defend their cause.  Any particular one social myth maybe?

      However, and coming back to the topic of language relating to mystical experience in general and gnosis in particular. My point was in contention to that which said [Truth is one, each of us expresses it differently, that's all. Mike Leavitt  ]

      Truth applies to everything not one thing.  What one thing was the guy referring to? Language can do better than that even in an email – yes?  We may well talk of it differently but we EXPRESS the same essential meaning.  Words are symbolic – which means they carry a meaning – WORDS are NOT the thing pointed to by the word.  But they do a good enough job if one thinks about it and takes ones time getting the meaning across.  A small example….

      There is an organisation called the Alister Hardy Research Centre; originally based in Oxford UK.  They cave collected over 6000 documented accounts of peoples mystical experiences and the effects which they have on them.  Very few of them apply to the gnosis event, but nonetheless they all make a damn good job of getting both their experience across to a reader and also the meaning of their words. Do not take my word for it – read them if it interests you. Or ignore what goes on in the world.

      I am not simply interested in MY experiences of life, but all peoples experience of life. My interest is the human mind and consciousness.  And specifically which congeals around a particular life enhancing and revealing experience which people experience TODAY (and all days) and which some in the past axiomatically called gnosis – and some called it the mystical reunion and some called it the mystical death and resurrection event.  But they were talking about the same thing.  It is about what we are, where we come from, and what we are doing here. I find that interesting.  It is not just about history, it is about all time and beyond time. And it is not about Priestcraft and their books, it is about people and the mind – all of them. And my interest is in helping to make a better world for kids to live on here and now and the future.  Priestcraft hinders that objective and always has done. QED.  And language is on thing – and deeds are another. Talking, if done well, can communicate the meaning.  But it is peoples actions which communicate the person. Look around you on this world today – do not live just in the past and look to the dead, for life is with you NOW. Gnosis resides at the base of all human beings – and no doubt all cognitive life manifestations.  It is not about history, it is about life. Give spirituality back to the people – from whom priestcraft stole it – and by virtue of the rape of Gnosis. Spirituality and gnosis is not something which happened two or three or more thousand years ago, it is what IS; now and always. YOU will NOT learn spirituality and gnosis from books – you may learn just a little OF IT however – but knowledge OF something is not IT. Look to your SELF, not books, for gnosis and spirituality – and the truth of it – by living it. It is what YOU are made of.

      You can argue with this until butterflies fly out of your arse singing hallelujah – but that will alter nothing.  And gnostics are not believers in gnosis – they talk about it from experience and live it. QED.

      Gnothi Seauton.

      Dick Richardson

      Depth Psychology, Physics and Metaphysics.

      http://www.psychognosis.net

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2006
        Hey Richard

        languages. Cockney Rhyming Slang; Exmoor Celtish; and a touch of
        very poor English. However, given that you too speak English (no
        doubt far better than I do) I will attach an account of that which
        others (not I personally) came to call the Gnosis Event when they
        first read it) and you can tell me if it correlates ;- ) Maybe you
        were trying to be funny here – yeah? Not my kind of humour really –
        but never mind eh.<<<

        Sorry you don't have a sense of humor... please don't hold it
        against the rest of us that we do.

        point out a slight Dichotomy.<<<

        Accept your own dichotomy before pointing it out for others.

        herself a Buddha. A follower (or believer) of Christianity does not
        call him or herself a Christ. But a follower or believer in the
        phenomenon of gnosis seem to call themselves Gnostics. Odd that.<<<

        Hmmm. It doesn't sound like you have met many Buddists or
        Christians.... let alone Gnostics. I mean, every Gnostic knows they
        ARE the Christ.

        KNOW by experience not what they know OF, from books. Most of the
        Gnostics whom I have met over the years do not even call themselves
        Gnostics :- ))))) Gnosis is an experience not a belief system.<<<

        I guess if you make your own definition of what is a "Gnostic", then
        that must be true.

        academics studying history? Well, slap me vitals I thought they
        were people interested in gnosis. My mistake cobber ;- ) OK then,
        History. Who wrote it, when, and why? Where you there to verify
        it? And did they all know what they were talking about first hand?
        Is gnosis dead and buried maybe? But, if that is truly what this
        list is about then my mistake and I will move on, and sorry to have
        troubled you.<<<

        Ok, since we stated in the original email that this is an historical
        group then I am wondering why you posted in the first place if you
        are against it. Hmmmm.

        and Churchianty killed, burned, murdered over the last few thousand
        years?<<<

        *rolls eyes* Sorry, but that only holds water for a New Age group.

        >>>I am not simply interested in MY experiences of life, but all
        peoples experience of life. My interest is the human mind and
        consciousness.<<<

        If that were true, you would not be so hard against the experience
        of others.

        enhancing and revealing experience which people experience TODAY
        (and all days) and which some in the past axiomatically called
        gnosis – and some called it the mystical reunion and some called it
        the mystical death and resurrection event.<<<

        Fine and dandy, but if you really cared you would stop and think
        about the difference between your notion of "Gnosis" and the meaning
        of the term of the group you picked to join. It isn't that anyone
        here would be against the experience you are talking about.... just
        that they would not be so dogmatic in it's imprtance as you are.

        >>>But they were talking about the same thing.<<<

        No, the ancient Gnostics were NOT talking about the same thing, and
        even the most basic reading of their texts should make that obvious.

        singing hallelujah – but that will alter nothing. And gnostics are
        not believers in gnosis – they talk about it from experience and
        live it. QED.<<<

        Hmmm, so you are the one who can say what is a real Gnostic in spite
        of any historical definition... and the rest of us are all wrong.
        That isn't hypocritical or anything *cough*.

        PMCV
      • GP
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2006
          Hey Richard

           every Gnostic knows they
          ARE the Christ.
          Thanks PMCV, I just had a duh! moment.

          GP
          .

          Yahoo! Groups gets better. Check out the new email design. Plus there’s much more to come.