Re, "Some Questions"

  • Dick Richardson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006

      Re, “Some Questions” by Cari.

      Hello Cari, I sometimes come on this list too for a while to see the thread of existing thought on Gnosticism as it becomes a bigger and wider bandwagon by the passing of each new year; and being once again taken over more and more by Christianity as they took over everything from the times when anyone who was not a Roman was considered a Barbaric Pagan – including the Pagan Celtic Yule Tide celebration of the return of the light at mid winter :- )

      However, your gut feeling that you do not really belong here in time and space is a gut feeling which is substantiated by the mystical cognitive event known as either the mystical REUNION Event or the Mystic Death and Resurrection Event. This cognitive event is rare in terms of individual experience per capita of the population, but it does arise in new each generation.  The mystics who encounter this event obviously use their own national or cultural words to define the knowledge which that experience reveals. Some in the Western world have called it gnosis, or the mystical inner wisdom (Sophia) or whatever. But you will find this has little to do with the cultural belief systems which are now going under the name of Gnosticism. Gnosticism is now a bandwagon term for what anyone wants to believe about anything and has become made useless and redundant by virtue of which.

      Keep in mind that religions come and go, and millions walked from doctrinal Christianity after the first world war, and they are still doing so.  But they look for another religion instead of looking for that deepest inner transcendent mystical experience which in the West some call Gnosis.  Gnosis is a personal inner experience of the that part of our self which exists in the ground of our being.  It is not as old as Christianity it is as old as cognitive Minds and humanity – probably apes and pussy cats too. It is the root ground of cognitive being – that part of YOU which remains when all else of temporality goes. The human mind is a trimorphic (three inner levels or inner enfolded dimensions) phenomenon.  The deepest inner level of our consciousness being is not a man or a woman, it is not even a temporal phenomenon; it is primordial cosmic mind – primordial cognition. Hence the saying Gnothi Seaton – Know Thy SELF.

      This does not mean know the personality or the rational discursive mind, nor does it even mean know the inner manifestations of the depths of the psyche, it means know that part of you which is experienced to be eternal and unchanging in the ground of our being – from whence we, MIND, come from – HOME; Eternity. We are on this world for a while (and wonderful it is too if they did but see it) but we are not made here – only the body and all the temporal bits are made of this physical world and this physical universe.  We could not existence here and in this freedom, without a body. But all that which we are is still there within one and firing away working whether one becomes consciously aware of it or not during a lifetime. But it is good and effective to know that part of our self whilst alive on earth – for we know what we are and from whence we come and as to why we exist. The Mind is ever tied to the cross of Time and Eternity – fact, we experience it directly and live it.

      But modern day Gnosticism does for all this what a bullet in the head does for ones wellbeing whilst we exist here on earth. And religion and beliefs are not spiritual experience – let alone the deepest known spiritual experience which some call the gnosis. But a rose is a rose by any other, and a name does not alter what IS  ASIS.

      Best not look in books for it – but ssshhhh; because they love reading books about life instead of living it; and authors know this well enough – they are like lambs to the slaughter of commerce and money :- ) You cannot learn and live life from a book, let alone find this deep inner mystical gnosis event. Ipso Facto. But your subconscious gut feelings do not lead you astray.

      Regards and good inner hunting. Gnothi Seauton.

      Dick Richardson.

      Depth Psychology, Physics and Metaphysics.

      http://www.psychognosis.net

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
        Hello, Dick. Thank you for your response. I feel from your reply
        that you were probably addressing the original author of these
        questions, "GP." I was only responding to her post, too. That said,
        the ancient Gnostics would have surely considered the mystical
        experience to be an essential ingredient in the process of Gnosis,
        but not without the Intellect to critically interpret the experience,
        as I mentioned in a recent post of mine. Books may or may not help
        people, and I agree they don't provide the reader with a personal
        mystical experience. But I don't believe that is the intention or
        purpose of books. At best, they can offer food for thought and open
        gateways for discovery, even in the process of self-exploration.
        These expressions just happen to be in written form and bound in
        paper (or found online), instead of being uttered by someone over
        coffee sitting around a table of friends or lectured in a classroom
        or offered in a Yahoo group. We might not even know much about the
        Gnostics if they hadn't recorded their ideas and experiences.

        Cari

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Richardson" <rwr@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >

        > But modern day Gnosticism does for all this what a bullet in the
        head does for ones wellbeing whilst we exist here on earth. And
        religion and beliefs are not spiritual experience - let alone the
        deepest known spiritual experience which some call the gnosis. But a
        rose is a rose by any other, and a name does not alter what IS ASIS.

        > Best not look in books for it - but ssshhhh; because they love
        reading books about life instead of living it; and authors know this
        well enough - they are like lambs to the slaughter of commerce and
        money :- ) You cannot learn and live life from a book, let alone find
        this deep inner mystical gnosis event. Ipso Facto. But your
        subconscious gut feelings do not lead you astray.

        > Regards and good inner hunting. Gnothi Seauton.
        >

        > Dick Richardson.
        >
        > Depth Psychology, Physics and Metaphysics.

      • Dick Richardson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
          I agree Cari, books have their place in the scheme of things, so too does one-on-one verbal communication; for without which each generation would have to discover the wheel all over again for themselves. I have written a number of them myself about the mystical gnosis event, its effects and its implications for things yet to come beyond the river Styx, so to speak.

          But in them I warn readers not to believe these things, for settling for belief does not produce the living effect of the experience of this mystical gnosis and the mystical reunion with our ground of being during a lifetime here. Thus, even the books which are for real on this phenomenon are but hearsay for them until they find it for themselves.  But one who does not know these things will never know which books and texts were correct and which ones were not. And it is upon this existential psychological dichotomy for them that such things as priestcraft bank on and can survive by. Therein lays the rub my friend; and it has been exploited for at least eight thousand years; and long before the days of the Pharaohs and the Pyramids of Egypt. Cave men knew it - true, they could not write :- )  But they sure knew how to waffle and cause effects :- ))))

          Anyway, a good analogy is like talking to a man about eating a good meal - what good does it do a man to read a book about food, when food is required to be eaten. No man can eat and digest another's food of experience for them - they have to each go there alone - as it is on that inner journey to the ground of our being beyond the veil of moving time and changing events.

          But books on other things are just fine, for they can be proven right or wrong whilst still here. So, no problem with them. Read a few good books on chess and you will soon become a reasonable chess player - but read all the books on the mystical gnosis and you will still not know it - not until a person has been there. Some have, and most have not whilst alive on earth. Pity that, for it is well needed and long overdue here. And may all the Bishops of priestcrafty rot in the nauseas dungeons of their own twisted minds.  And Amen to that. Give spirituality back to the people; for that is where it belongs and what they are made of, whether they know it yet or not. The only demiurge or fly in the ointment of mass spirituality on earth is Priestcrafty and their goddamned religions.

          Dick Richardson.

          > Hello, Dick.  Thank you for your response.  I feel from your reply
          > that you were probably addressing the original author of
          these
          > questions, "GP."  I was only responding to her post,
          too.  That said,
          > the ancient Gnostics would have surely considered
          the mystical
          > experience to be an essential ingredient in the process of
          Gnosis,
          > but not without the Intellect to critically interpret the
          experience,
          > as I mentioned in a recent post of mine.  Books may or
          may not help
          > people, and I agree they don't provide the reader with a
          personal
          > mystical experience.  But I don't believe that is the
          intention or
          > purpose of books.  At best, they can offer food for
          thought and open
          > gateways for discovery, even in the process of
          self-exploration.
          > These expressions just happen to be in written
          form and bound in
          > paper (or found online), instead of being uttered by
          someone over
          > coffee sitting around a table of friends or lectured in a
          classroom
          > or offered in a Yahoo group.  We might not even know
          much about the
          > Gnostics if they hadn't recorded their ideas and
          experiences.

          > Cari
          >

          > --- In
          gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Richardson" <rwr@...> wrote:

          >> Re, "Some Questions"
          by Cari.

          >> Hello Cari, I
          sometimes come on this list too for a while to see
          > the thread of
          existing thought on Gnosticism as it becomes a bigger
          > and wider
          bandwagon by the passing of each new year; and being once
          > again taken
          over more and more by Christianity as they took over
          > everything from
          the times when anyone who was not a Roman was
          > considered a Barbaric
          Pagan - including the Pagan Celtic Yule Tide
          > celebration of the return
          of the light at mid winter :- )

> [...]

          >> But modern day Gnosticism does for all
          this what a bullet in the
          > head does for ones wellbeing whilst we exist
          here on earth. And
          > religion and beliefs are not spiritual experience -
          let alone the
          > deepest known spiritual experience which some call the
          gnosis. But a
          > rose is a rose by any other, and a name does not alter
          what IS  ASIS.

          >> Best not look in books
          for it - but ssshhhh; because they love
          > reading books about life
          instead of living it; and authors know this
          > well enough - they are like
          lambs to the slaughter of commerce and
          > money :- ) You cannot learn and
          live life from a book, let alone find
          > this deep inner mystical gnosis
          event. Ipso Facto. But your
          > subconscious gut feelings do not lead you

          Physics and Metaphysics.

          href="http://www.psychognosis.net">http://www.psychognosis.net