Gnostic Church in NC?

  • dale wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5 4:16 PM
      Does anyone know of a Gnostic church or priest in the Charlotte area?
      I would really love to learn more about it, but it has been very
      difficult to connect up with anyone. Thanks, Dale
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10 6:28 PM
        Hey Dale

        Well, I was personally just in Greensboro... but since I don't
        actually live in the area I guess that would have been no help (not
        to mention the fact that I am not a "priest" and don't know that
        many Gnostics care much about the title). I am sure, though, that
        there are probably others in your area who are at least interested
        in the subject... did you try putting out a personal add to that
        effect?

        PMCV

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "dale wilson"

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2006
          Why is it so hard to find a gnostic church in the Charlotte area of
          NC? Does anyone know of one anywhere, even remotely close to this area?
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2006

            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "dale wilson" <sissydale2000@...> wrote:

            > Why is it so hard to find a gnostic church in the Charlotte area of NC?

            I trust that your question is more the result of frustration than surprise.  I mean … from one Tar Heel to another, I'll concede that "the goodliest land" has some mighty fertile ground, but just because we can grow a wicked watermelon does not mean that life here is conducive to the cultivation of a pneumatic perspective.

            >  Does anyone know of one anywhere, even remotely close to this area?

            By "even remotely close," I gather that three time zones away wouldn't exactly be what you had in mind.  Personally, I would love to visit the EG in Los Angeles ; what I've seen closer to us has very little appeal to me.