Re: Greetings

  • thalprin
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 24, 2006
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan McGregor Bethel"
      <jonathanbethel@...> wrote:

      > I joined awhile back, but I had to leave the country for awhile
      and couldn't
      > attend to the Forum. But anyway, Greetings everybody! How is
      > everyone?

      Hi - well, I'm very well thank you.

      > This group looks fascinating!

      Yes, I like the topics/discussion.

      > I've been online since 93,' and I can't
      > believe I never found you all when searching the yahoo groups
      before. At
      > any rate, I'm writer and researcher of Futurism, Esotericism, and
      > Eschatology. On the more esoteric side of things, I'm a member of
      several
      > Western esoteric organizations, notably the Scottish Rite of
      Freemasonry.

      Does Judas being hanged remind you any/at all of how Mason's are
      initiated?

      > Well I'm really looking forward to corresponding with some of the
      illumined
      > minds

      Ooops, then yous weren't talking to me. :)

      Hi,

      Terrie

      > that I have seen that have made some recent postings. Again,
      Hello!

      > Jonathan McGregor Bethel
      >

      > <http://omegapoint.org/> http://omegapoint.org
      >

      > <http://sacredwisdom.net/> http://sacredwisdom.net
      >

      > <http://2012eschaton.com/> http://2012eschaton.com

    • thalprin
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 24, 2006
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, --Michael <epsilon717@...> wrote:

        > I joined last week. Just now getting around to an
        > introduction, though. Some things take a while.
        >
        > I've very little background in Gnosticism. Some years back I
        > tried to learn something, but never got far. Didn't have the
        > necessary background in history or ancient philosophy to
        > understand, so let it go.
        >
        > But, with all the recent hoopla about the Da Vinci Code and
        > the Gospel of Judas, my interest revived.
        >
        > I've a better background now, what with some studies in
        > ancient Greek philosophy (especially Stoicism) and early
        > Christianity (esp. as discussed by the Jesus Seminar
        > members).
        >
        > Books written by scholars have worked out best, in my
        > experience. A surprising number of academics have written
        > "popular" books, a welcome contrast to books (non-fiction)
        > written purely to sell. These tend to play fast and loose
        > with facts, emphasizing emotional impact rather than reality.
        > Some people take them quite seriously.
        >
        > Time to start reading and learning. Love it! I've a couple of
        > books on order from Amazon. And, of course, picked up a copy
        > of the Da Vinci Code. Potboilers can be fun to read.

        Oh yeah!

        I didn't much care for the DaVinci Code (I just enjoyed that clever
        part), but I don't really like/dislike that book - I just don't read
        alot of novels. I did enjoy Holy Blood Holy Grail though - still
        do, regardless.

        Hi,

        Terrie

        > So, hi all.
        >

        > --Michael

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Jonathan McGregor Bethel
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 25, 2006

          I’ve never really pondered that before. But that makes some sense!

          JMB

          href="http://omegapoint.org">http://omegapoint.org

          http://sacredwisdom.net

          http://2012eschaton.com