Re: new here/my take & NGC

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20 11:33 PM
      Hey Paloma

      >>>I was just talking about fiction writers who's works are based on
      fact, but the story is fiction. Some people take these stories way
      too literally & think that they represent history. It's important to
      know the difference, but sometimes time erases those distinctions.<<<

      Ah, ok, I think I see your point. While very little of Dan Brown could
      be said to be based on fact (his description of paintings, buildings,
      historical texts, etc., are almost all completely false), I think you
      make a very important point that many people take it as fact. Heck,
      just counting the panes of glass on the Louvre pyramid, or reading the
      Gospel of Thomas, would show that history and fact were not a genuine
      concern of Dan Brown.

      We, as critical people, can overturn some of those blurry lines that
      time has erased.