Re: Just Joined can anyone fill me in?

  • B.J.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2006
      Thanks, I will check out the links you gave, but any summation ought
      to assume that a person knows nothing which I don't.

      One of your links speaks of its relation to the 'christian era' so I
      will check its relation to that on the Internet.

      Any subject ought to be able to give the basics.

      bj

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gerryhsp@...> wrote:

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "B.J." <oikonomia@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Interesting group, can anyone fill me in on the basics of
      gnosticism?

      > > bj
      > >

      > Hey BJ.
      >
      > Your post raises more questions than the obvious one you've
      written. Is
      > it our group that you find interesting, or the subject? You ask
      about
      > the "basics," but since you've already decided to join a group
      dedicated
      > to the discussion of Gnosticism, is there anything about it with
      which
      > you're already familiar?
      >
      > I ask all of that because it would be exceedingly difficult to do
      any
      > justice to Gnosticism if one were to try to summarize all its
      > complexities and subtleties to someone with absolutely no idea as
      > that person's background, or what brought him or her here in the
      first
      > place. Even in"basic" terms, I think that many people tend to get
      > confused by the core concepts when they are presented in an overly
      > generalized fashion. Perhaps you could narrow down your query?
      For
      > achieving that focus, you may find these introductory essays

      _00\
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gnosticism2/links> .