Re: New to the Group

  • Wesley
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2006
      hey rachel , im new to the group as well and i found gnosiscism in a
      similer way, i was raised in the none demonanatoinal christain church
      and was taught since i was very young to believe that the bible was
      the unquestoinable word of god, pure perfect and unchanged since the
      time of jesus. i read davinci code and for the first time i wondered
      is blind faith in something right. logic told me i should search for
      proof and found out that the unflawed perfect book that i belived in
      was anything but, the illusoin had shatterd i was lost. i turned very
      bitter and declared myself aethiest, i was very angry at the people
      who i trusted to tecah me truth but had fed me nothing but lies i was
      very ignorent, after a time my bitterness subsided and emptyness set
      in i had filled myself with blind faith proped myself up on ideals
      that had vanished much faster then they had been put in place i
      started to realise that i needed god. the bible says search for truth
      and it will be revealed i searched threw taoism , bhudism, wicca and
      just about every other thing you can think of i found aspects of truth
      in them all i stared to realise that religion isnt black and white
      that you shouldnt think of it as one religion being right and the
      other wrong. a relgoin after all is nothing more than man trying to
      know god man seeking truth the very thing i was trying to do myself
      thats when i found gnosticism, gnosis as we all know meens knoledge i
      believe that god imparts that knoledge difrently on us all none of us
      walk to the same path none are right or wrong as long as we chose to
      search for the truth. anyways im startin to rant just thought id share
      a litle.

      may he grant you truth, let her wisdom be your guide

      Wesley

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "slowturtle78" <slowturtle78@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > My name is Rachel. I found this group while doing preliminary
      research on a school paper
      > concerning The Da Vinci Code. Gnosticism has been an interest for me
      since reading "The
      > Gospel of Thomas" a year ago. I have only recently had the time to
      make it a real passion.

      > I was baptized a Catholic, but never fully joined the church because
      I never felt a pull