Balasan: [Gnosticism2] Digest Number 1053

  • abdul wahab
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2006

      :-) As a Christian with strongly esoteric and gnostic leanings, I've
      probably come to view Satan just about exactly as gnostics might say
      they view the Demiurge -- as a very real, yet supra-personal, entity.
      As a way of saying there's more to ignorance than just what's going
      on inside my own head -- a field of ignorace, if you will, that my own
      individual ignorance participates in.

      Jesus said, "a person cannot mount two horses or bend two bows".
      And a slave cannot serve two masters, otherwise that slave will honor the one and offend the other (The Gospel of Thomas, 47).
      You cannot be a slave of two masters; you will hate the one and love the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (Matthew, 6: 24).
      Mammon means: (1) the wealth (regarded as an evil influence); (2) the god of greed (AS Hornby, Oxford Dictionary).
      If you believe that mammon is the other form of Satan, I want to ask you analyse any further Anand Krishna's commentary on the Gospel of Thomas above as follows:
      "This saying of Jesus is often misinterpreted. It is often interpreted as 'You can only serve one of the two, God or Satan; not for both'. This kind of interpretation puts Satan and God on the same oracle--parallel. And the human is between them. Sometimes satan seduces him/her. Sometimes God draws him/her. If you consider satan as being "entity" revolving against God, what is to do then with the God's authority, the so-called omni in nature? If God only faces satan, He must not be omnipotent anymore. There must be other's authority vis a vis His" (Isa, Hidup & Ajaran Sang Masiha, pp. 405-406). Concerning Anand Krishna, see: http://www.anandkrishna.org
      Personally I have no idea what the early gnostics perceives about satan. But on the later development, perhaps under the influence Hindic relious thougths, the new era followings are of the opion that satan is the "darkside" of and inherent to human beings. Likewise, the sufistic comprehension on human being states that they are "being" with two potentials possibly to realise, satanic or divine". (See William C Chittick's Sufism: A Short Introduction, Chapter 9).

      Apakah Anda Yahoo!?
      Kunjungi halaman depan Yahoo! Indonesia yang baru!