Re: Critical Reading

    Message 1 of 137 , Feb 24, 2006

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "eyeambetty" <eyeambetty@...> wrote:

      > Hi Gerry, you are welcome. yeah...i've spent many hours there
      > reading, i certainly am thankful it's been available to me all this
      > time.
      >
      > Hey now, it's never too late for creative endeavors...
      >
      > take care, betty

      Right now though, my concern is that if I don't stay at least a couple steps ahead of the IRS and other bureaucratic deadlines, I may find myself with all KINDS of solitary time on my hands.  I hear some of those federal cells are kinda posh though, so who knows.  I wonder what kind of computer setups they have?  Hmmm.

      Message 137 of 137 , Apr 8, 2006

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "janahooks" <janahooks@...> wrote:

        > [. . .]
        >
        > Gerry and Lady C.,thanks for all of the info and links.…

        Thank you, Jana, for noticing them.

        > Gerry, after looking at the National Geographic link, I was

        > reminded of some suggestions I gave you on faded writing. I'm feeling
        > really good about watery sepia ink and sandpaper...and sand
        > horizontally and vertically...with the gray sandpaper...

        And ya know, that was the one suggestion you wrote me that I was the most hesitant to attempt.  There's something about the dual-layered papyrus and its almost glossy sheen that made me wonder if such coarse measures would destroy the whole thing, but the more I've thought about it (along with your renewed convictions), the more I believe it would indeed yield a desirable finish.  I imagine the weathered results would be akin to repeatedly wadding up a sheet of paper to the point that it becomes more like a thin piece of cloth rather than a crisp piece of paper.  Only this way, you avoid the wrinkles!