Re: Critical Reading

  • eyeambetty
    Message 1 of 137 , Feb 23, 2006
      Hello Gerry,

      aahh yes, here is yet another homily written in honor of the descent
      of the Holy Sophia, called "The Nativity of Our Lady" by Rev. Steven
      Marshall. this couldn't be more directly related to your current
      conversation of the "Three Mary's".

      here is the last paragraph to give you a taste:

      "In these three images of the descent of Sophia, we find a continuity
      of the manifestation of the Holy Female Power from illo tempore
      (outside time) to the present day. The manifestation of Sophia in the
      world is the connecting principle between the feminine figures of
      redemption from the generation of Eve and the nativity of Our Lady to
      the love of Mary Magdalen. In this way, Sophia is present in all the
      relationships of the feminine to the Redeemer Christ. Even so, these
      three images describe our relationship to the Redeemer as well. As
      stated in the "Gospel Of Philip", "For Mary was his mother and his
      sister and his consort."

      http://gnosis.org/ecclesia/homily_Descent.htm

      betty

      Message 137 of 137 , Apr 8, 2006

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "janahooks" <janahooks@...> wrote:

        > [. . .]
        >
        > Gerry and Lady C.,thanks for all of the info and links.…

        Thank you, Jana, for noticing them.

        > Gerry, after looking at the National Geographic link, I was

        > reminded of some suggestions I gave you on faded writing. I'm feeling
        > really good about watery sepia ink and sandpaper...and sand
        > horizontally and vertically...with the gray sandpaper...

        And ya know, that was the one suggestion you wrote me that I was the most hesitant to attempt.  There's something about the dual-layered papyrus and its almost glossy sheen that made me wonder if such coarse measures would destroy the whole thing, but the more I've thought about it (along with your renewed convictions), the more I believe it would indeed yield a desirable finish.  I imagine the weathered results would be akin to repeatedly wadding up a sheet of paper to the point that it becomes more like a thin piece of cloth rather than a crisp piece of paper.  Only this way, you avoid the wrinkles!