Rev. Michael Leavitt in hospital

  • Thomas Leavitt
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 22, 2006
      All,

      You might have noticed that my Dad, Rev. Michael Leavitt, the hasn't
      been responding to email or postings recently. This is because he has
      been in the hospital.

      He had been ill since earlier in the week, but attempted to drive to
      work on Friday the 17th. A police officer noticed him run a red light,
      and when he pulled up to the car, found him slumped over the wheel
      unconscious; he regained consciousness quickly after the paramedics
      arrived and treated him, but passed out again in the emergency room and
      the staff there decided to hospitalize him as a result.

      We only found out about this on Monday afternoon, because my mother is
      out of town visiting relatives and didn't get the message they left at
      home. My brother (who lives nearby) visited him yesterday, and reports
      that he seemed very tired and weak, and fell asleep easily in the middle
      of talking, but was otherwise more or less o.k. He's not in a condition
      to take calls or receive visitors, but I'd be more than happy to relay
      your good wishes and expressions of concern and appreciation to him.

      While his current physical state is stable and his life is not in
      danger, the doctors are unable to find a specific cause for the original
      event and/or his current state of exhaustion, and state they are
      somewhat baffled. As a result, we don't know when he'll be able to come
      home. Fortunately, as an employee of the state of California, he's well
      insured, so he's able to stay as long as necessary.

      Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. If you can remember him
      during services this weekend, that would also be appreciated.

      Regards,
      Thomas Leavitt

      --
      Thomas Leavitt <thomas@...> - 831-295-3917
      Godmoma's Forge, LLC - www.godmomasforge.com

      Public key at http://www.thomasleavitt.org/thomas.asc
    • Thomas Leavitt
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 21, 2006
        gn
        > Message: 1
        > Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:23:31 -0000
        > From: "marinas_snake" <marinas_snake@...>
        > Subject: Re: Latest on Rev. Michael Leavitt, very bad news
        >
        > So sorry to hear about your parents troubles. Does anyone know if
        > there will be a bank account open for the Leavitts for us to donate
        > funds?
        >
        > marina

        There are two options

        donations can be sent:

        c/o Ecclesia Gnostica
        3363 Glendale Blvd.
        Los Angeles, CA 90039.

        Checks sent there would be made out directly to my Dad, I think:
        "Michael Leavitt".

        You can also donate via a local progressive church, with a little bit
        more of a formal accounting process, information below:

        If you wish to contribute to a fund set up to help Joanne and Mike Leavitt,
        send a check made out to the Church in Ocean Park and send it to:

        The Church in Ocean Park
        235 Hill St.
        Santa Monica, CA 90405

        Write "Leavitt" on the check.

        ... we may be staying in the residence of the pastor there for a few
        days, they're good people and Mom has done a lot of work with them over
        the years.

        Thomas