Re: an invitation

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2006
      Hey Phillip

      >>>I just think our minds as infants soak up the Western Cultural
      mindset, and the teachings of the West are geared towards unravelling
      that particular web, which is similarly true for the East and the
      Easterner's mind.<<<

      I think that is an excellent point. I do think there are some real
      differences in goals and purpose, but I don't mean to imply there are
      not similarities also. Still, I think there is no doubt that
      the "psychic" function (to use a Gnostic term) of the path is
      certainly geared to certain aspects of personhood as it relates to the
      culture in which they as well as the specific esoteric path are
      connected.