Re: emic / etic

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2 5:52 PM
      Hello lady_caritas

      On 02/02/06, you wrote:

      > Mike, if "encratism" would signify devaluation of or even despising
      > bodily pleasures, then perhaps its opposite might be something like
      > "libertinism" or even "antinomianism"? I believe PMCV already has
      > "antinomianism" in his current lexicon, but not the others. So, in
      > addition to defining terms, if there is any interest,
      > comparison/contrast with other academic terms might be helpful, too.

      Antinimianism was the word I was trying to think of. Most gnostic
      groups were not strictly either, of course.

      Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2 6:32 PM
        Hello pmcvflag

        On 02/03/06, you wrote:

        > Ok, Mike and Cari, I am taking notes... keep 'em comming.
        >
        > PMCV

        How about some theological terms that gnostics use, like rebirth, or
        saint, contrasting the gnostic and orthodox definitions. I'm sure
        there are others.

        Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s