Re: an overview

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2006
      Gus Wahaby, you state...

      >>>>Dear forum
      I have read the posted writings on this forum, being useful either
      for beginners or for further explorations. There are various
      perspectives over gnosticism can everyone perceive. But the point is
      one, how to approach God (the divine), and then how to begin with.
      When someone tries to phylosophise their religious (spiritual)
      experience, they will stumble any blocks, let alone when are facing
      the established (institutionalised) religious dogmas or scientific
      approach (paradigm) on a given matter. But for those of having usual
      (regular) contacts with gnostics or mystical practitioners, the
      topics discussed will result in uncontroversial (pedestrian)
      response and comprehension. I suggest this forum that everyone here
      must be aware of the underlying background of the writers's ideas,
      whether originating from phylosophical comprehension or individually
      spiritual experiences. The point can be reached from different
      starting points, be it intuitive findings, the using of intellective
      faculty or both of them.<<<<

      That is all fine and dandy, but I think you underestimate the people
      here. It is relatively easy to think you can judge one's
      intellectual ability via extended conversation (first impressions
      can be false even there), but anyone who thinks they can tell the
      spiritual abilities based on contrast to those intellectual persuits
      demonstrates some misconceptions (both spiritual and intellectual).

      It is an ESSENTIAL concept of Gnostic thought, that the spiritual
      experience and the philosophical comprehension are enmeshed, if
      taken rightly they are mixed into one... they are the rightful
      bridegroom and bride. Which ever starting point you come from, one
      is not a "Gnostic" until they have both. That much you sem to agree
      with, but the valuation jump you then make is unwarented. The
      spiritual experience of the Bride, Sophia, is a fallen lie without
      her bridegroom. And the waiting bridegroom, Logos, is lonely and
      hollow without his love.

      What I mean is, you may be able to start from either of two
      points... experience or intellect.... but Gnosis is, by definition,
      a conjunction of both of these.

      Don't be so sure you know the background of any author here, even if
      on the surface we may deal a bit more with the historical. I will
      await the challenge to see if you know mine.