Re: I feel depression may be about 'spiritual attack'

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 2005
      Angela

      >>>I was told this a while ago, & there are times that I
      feel 'trapped' by a life where Negatives always over ride & out do the
      positives. I know Buddhists do a meditation to 'balance the positive
      with the negative.

      Why would my life be dogged by negatives, I am very afraid of this as
      it stops any chance of happiness for me. I need to be released from
      this & I am not 'sinful' Perhaps prayers effect this???<<<<

      What is it that made you curious to ask this particular question on a
      Gnostic forum? What I mean is, is there anything specific in
      Gnosticism that made you feel like there could be some answer to this
      problem in it?

      PMCV
    • angela jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 13, 2005

        What are your views?

        (69) Jesus said, "Blessed are they who have been persecuted within
        themselves. It is they who have truly come to know the father. Blessed are
        the hungry, for the belly of him who desires will be filled."
        (Gospel of Thomas)

        Nick

        Nick Thanx for your very interesting reply, lovely to know that Jesus said that I will be blessed & have come to truly know the father.

        I know chemical imbalances can be a cause of depression, but yr answer was one, that was more relevant than the 'scientific' point of view.
        Sometimes I need spiritual guidance much more than 'Anti-depressants!'
        I feel a lot better today, more communication has come into my life in a positive way. That is nice, plus God is somehow leading me through this valley of the shadow.

        Blessings to you & yours
        In Yeshu's name!

        Anj

        Yahoo! Shopping
      • angela jones
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 13, 2005
          A lot of my depressions are about feeling dominated by stronger personalities, my half sister has become highly successful & so she has quite a cold stern attitude, I find it really upsetting.

          Anj

          Yahoo! Shopping