Re: another newbie

    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 7, 2005
      Angela

      I can't speak for any of the others here. My first inclination was to
      think that this is off topic here, but in reality there is something
      about the conversation that is on mark, and something we must all deal
      with.

      Have you read Plato by any chance? Plato draws a line between
      different kinds of happiness and fulfilment, as well as different
      kinds of unhappiness. Lets think about this for a moment. What is is
      you need to be fulfilled?

      It is possible for a person to be unhappy with the direct day to day
      reality of thier lives, while being quite content deep down inside. On
      the other hand, it is possible for a person who seems to have
      everything to be quite unhappy.According to Plato (and I agree) the
      true deeper happiness comes from an understanding, a realization of
      yourself in your life within this cosmos.

      I don't meant to degrage the conversation by using an example from
      popular media, but I thought that perhaps this trite example frome the
      movie "Matrix" could help illustrate the point. The hero of the movie
      is driven to know, to gain the truth. He has his regrets, but it is
      his deep desire. On the other hand, one of the team he is in only
      wants the direct happiness of his prior experience. Which one do you
      think is deeper and truer?

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, angela jones
      <angelanjones2003@y...> wrote:

      > Interesting, do you feel fulfilled and 'whole' because of your
      knowledge?

      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! Personals
      > Single? There's someone we'd like you to meet.
      > Lots of someones, actually. Yahoo! Personals

    • angela jones
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 12, 2006

        Hi, thanx for writing, no haven't had the chance to look into Plato yet. In answer to yr question below I have to say, both points are interesting & I feel my levels of existing need to be heightened then I won't feel so bad at times Yet perhaps 'the highs' won't be so high!
        I know emotion isn't so much an element of spirituality. So in time, I will just BE. Being in the here and now though is difficult as us Humans are just so complex!

        <angelanjones2003@y...> wrote:

        > Interesting, do you feel fulfilled and 'whole' because of your
        knowledge?

        >  Yahoo! Personals
        >  Single? There's someone we'd like you to meet.
        >  Lots of someones, actually. Yahoo! Personals

        Yahoo! Photos