Re: I feel depression may be about 'spiritual attack'

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 2005
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "angelanjones2003"
      <angelanjones2003@y...> wrote:

      > I was told this a while ago, & there are times that I
      feel 'trapped' by
      > a life where Negatives always over ride & out do the positives. I
      know
      > Buddhists do a meditation to 'balance the positive with the
      negative.

      > Why would my life be dogged by negatives, I am very afraid of this
      as
      > it stops any chance of happiness for me. I need to be released from
      > this & I am not 'sinful'
      > Perhaps prayers effect this???
      >
      > What are your views?

      angelanjones, we've had some good commentary and suggestions from
      members, which you can ponder and apply as needed according to your
      particular situation.

      In past years in our forum, we have discussed the difference between
      worldview and outlook.

      The ancient Gnostics viewed our world as flawed. We see varying
      degrees of imperfection described in various literature,... from
      spiritual sparks being trapped in a material prison of our world to a
      more positive view of creation as a tool aiding the maturing spirit.
      Yet, an ongoing depressive state need not be a given. Hope and love
      and "resurrection" in this lifetime were very important to the
      Gnostics, and Gnosis was salvific.

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2005
        Angela

        >>>I was told this a while ago, & there are times that I
        feel 'trapped' by a life where Negatives always over ride & out do the
        positives. I know Buddhists do a meditation to 'balance the positive
        with the negative.

        Why would my life be dogged by negatives, I am very afraid of this as
        it stops any chance of happiness for me. I need to be released from
        this & I am not 'sinful' Perhaps prayers effect this???<<<<

        What is it that made you curious to ask this particular question on a
        Gnostic forum? What I mean is, is there anything specific in
        Gnosticism that made you feel like there could be some answer to this
        problem in it?

        PMCV
      • angela jones
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 13, 2005

          What are your views?

          (69) Jesus said, "Blessed are they who have been persecuted within
          themselves. It is they who have truly come to know the father. Blessed are
          the hungry, for the belly of him who desires will be filled."
          (Gospel of Thomas)

          Nick

          Nick Thanx for your very interesting reply, lovely to know that Jesus said that I will be blessed & have come to truly know the father.

          I know chemical imbalances can be a cause of depression, but yr answer was one, that was more relevant than the 'scientific' point of view.
          Sometimes I need spiritual guidance much more than 'Anti-depressants!'
          I feel a lot better today, more communication has come into my life in a positive way. That is nice, plus God is somehow leading me through this valley of the shadow.

          Blessings to you & yours
          In Yeshu's name!

          Anj

          Yahoo! Shopping
        • angela jones
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 13, 2005
            A lot of my depressions are about feeling dominated by stronger personalities, my half sister has become highly successful & so she has quite a cold stern attitude, I find it really upsetting.

            Anj

            Yahoo! Shopping