Re: gnosticism and the end of time

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
      Here's something I worte to another group:

      I thought Kaplan used past and future for Kether and Malkuth.....its
      been a while...
      but um there are 7 directions...... forward backward..left right up
      down and within.....

      7 days. of creation...7 stages of alchemy (visita interiora terrae
      rectificando invenies occultum lapidem)..7 spheres before the
      supernal triangle....etc.....

      Now kaplan also discusses Oroboros..does he not....
      the end is the beginning is the end.....

      he states 2 polar opposites...lets say kether and malkuth.....lets
      call them past(kether) future(malkuth).....now if these were 2
      imaginary points...polar opposites..that stretch out for infinity in
      opposite dirtections...kaplan states they reach a point of
      infinity...and eventually come back upon them selves...and meet..
      (this is modern maths.....pardon my ignorance I'm just saying what
      kaplan said).....thus the end is the beginning is the end......Indeed
      some forms of kabbalah teach that kether is closer to malkuth than it
      is to chockmah.......

      this fits in nicely with many ideas such a hindu and buddhist thought
      that states the end is indeed the beginning.....we can also see this
      in western esoteric thought....the divine trinity of creation
      destruction and redemtion.....which is the same as the Rosicrucian
      trinity of
      "Ex Deo nascimur.

      In Jesu Morimur

      Per Spiritum Sanctum reviviscimus."

      We are born in God...we die in Christ and are reborn in the Holy
      SPirit.......

      so creation destruction redemption is again much like the kabbalist
      (and many others) idea of a return to a better state.....the end is
      the beginning is the end....

      this also fits in with 1 modern alternative to the standard big bang
      idea that states such as I have said
      above....creation....destruction...creation...an endless cycle....

      No one had raised this point...so I thought I would....

      --Ben

      Well....here are some thoughts....

      Many people like to see the tree as Linear.....as you say from A to T
      or O to Z or whatever.....I think this is wrong....
      Clearly if we look at Phi or the image of Oroboros we see that things
      are not linear...indeed one modern magician/kabbalist states time is
      a spiral and this explains why "distant past" is closer to the
      present than the future.....and thus this is why it is "easy" to
      contact the distant past in meditation/magic etc (sadly you really
      need to see the diagram to conceive of this
      fully...probably).....many kabbalaists also assert that the tree is
      not linear....

      How does this relate to kabbalah?.....well the tree can be seen in
      many ways....the standard linear model familiar to us......the
      Lurianic "modern" tree and the "hermetic tree" are but one way to
      picture the tree....as you probably know.....I even have a diagram of
      the tree as a 5 pointed star at home.....but anyway...in Judaic
      kabbalah the tree has been shown as 1 big circle with concentric
      circles within it......so we have one big circle with lesser circles
      within it.....

      Now on another post someone mentioned the fractal nature of the
      tree......so the tree is not 2d.....frankly is a sphere 2
      dimensional? no...the plan is 2d(due to the limitation of the printed
      page)....but in reality the tree is not flat.....so what if we
      picture the tree as one sphere......one coherant sphere ....then like
      a fractal within the sphere we have the standard lurianic or hermetic
      trees......much like a fractal...zooming in for greater detail...and
      then of course each of the 10 within the original 1 can be zoomed in
      upon.....

      Now what does this have to do with the beginning is the end is the
      beginning? Well a sphere and a circle have no end........and no
      beginning...they just are.....much like the earth is not
      flat.......its a sphere...if it had an end we'd fall off (forgetting
      gravity etc for a second)........

      Now in Christian Kabbalah at least (I know this isnt valid for all
      forms) the tree is seen as an imperfect tree

      (the kircher tree... http://www.digital-
      brilliance.com/kab/kircher.gif the blanced pre fall tree is the Gra
      tree http://www.tarot.org.il/Images/GRA_ToL.png )

      the tree after the falll.....originally malkuth was where daath was
      (ending our YHVH quaterinty of kether chockmah and binah...flame oil
      lamp...illumined)thus the "great work" is to make malkuth go back to
      where it originally was.....daath....

      but essentially thats what I meant by creation destruction
      redemption.....

      eden...(creation) perfect state.........the fall (where we are
      now..some would argue we are still falling)....redemptiona climg back
      out of the fall back to eden.......thus the end is the beginning is
      the end...

      from womb to tomb to womb....

      --
      He who knows both knowledge and ignorance together, crosses death
      through ignorance and attains immortality through knowledge.