Balasan: [Gnosticism2] Digest Number 966

  • abdul wahab
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2005
      matthew 12:31-32 lets us know that the ONLY unforgivable sin is
      'blaspheming the holy spirit."   who the heck knows what constitutes
      "blaspheming the holy spirit" ?

      <
      <
      <
      Jesus, Holy Spirit and Heavenly Father. It must be understood in the context of metaphysics not theology. Sometimes theology depicts its content rational framework. But methaphysics in metaphorical comprehension

      gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com menulis:
      Click here to rescue a little child from a life of poverty.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/BYrrlB/TM

      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. ..is C the sum of A plus B ??
      From: "Julie ........N"
      2. Re: ..is C the sum of A plus B ??
      From: lady_caritas

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
      From: "Julie ........N"
      Subject: ..is C the sum of A plus B ??

      matthew 12:31-32 lets us know that the ONLY unforgivable sin is 'blaspheming the holy spirit." who the heck knows what constitutes "blaspheming the holy spirit" ?

      but what i was getting at was ......... a number of souls on this forum equate the holy spirit with the female aspect of the tri-une godhead. a number of souls speak of the "sophia" aspect of the godhead.

      thus, IF the ONLY unforgivable sin is one against the holy spirit.....and IF the holy spirit is female in nature, it's interesting {{to say the least}} that the gospel writer takes the time and trouble to maintain that the ONLY sin the godhead is unwilling to overlook is a sin against a female entity

      i'm not capable of coming up with all the ramifications of the above concept....but it would appear there's a universe of meaning in the implied possibilities

      = = = = = = = = = = =

      * * * * "I believe because it is impossible" (tertullian) **** "for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ ; for it is the power of God unto salvation" (romans 1:16) * * * *

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:58:53 -0000
      From: lady_caritas
      Subject: Re: ..is C the sum of A plus B ??

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Julie ........N"
      wrote:

      > matthew 12:31-32 lets us know that the ONLY unforgivable sin
      is 'blaspheming the holy spirit." who the heck knows what
      constitutes "blaspheming the holy spirit" ?<<<

      Well, Julie, that would be showing contempt or irreverence toward the
      holy spirit. In the context of this particular passage in Matthew,
      Jesus has "cast out demons" "by the Spirit of God," healing a man who
      was blind and mute, so that he now could see and speak. Jesus
      figured, "Whoever is not with me is against me..." IOW, if one mocks
      the power of the holy spirit, at least according to an orthodox
      Christian interpretation, one must be siding with Satan, denying the
      kingdom of God. The canonical books of Mark and Luke likewise have
      versions of this statement about blasphemy against the holy spirit.

      Now, in extracanonical The Gospel of Thomas, we see a similar
      statement, but no mention of "Satan."

      In The Secret Book of John, we find:
      "And I said, Sir, where will the souls go of those who have gained
      acquaintance and then turned away?

      "Then it said to me, They will be taken to the place where the angels
      of poverty go—it is the place where no act of repentance is performed—
      and they will be kept until the day when those who have uttered
      blasphemy against the spirit will be tortured and punished with
      eternal punishment."

      > but what i was getting at was ......... a number of souls on this
      forum equate the holy spirit with the female aspect of the tri-une
      godhead. a number of souls speak of the "sophia" aspect of the
      godhead.

      > thus, IF the ONLY unforgivable sin is one against the holy
      spirit.....and IF the holy spirit is female in nature, it's
      interesting {{to say the least}} that the gospel writer takes the
      time and trouble to maintain that the ONLY sin the godhead is
      unwilling to overlook is a sin against a female entity

      > i'm not capable of coming up with all the ramifications of the
      above concept....but it would appear there's a universe of meaning in
      the implied possibilities

      Are you referring to members of our Gnosticism2 forum, Julie? I
      don't remember any recent conversation centering on interest in an
      orthodox triune godhead. Actually, we usually see a more
      multifaceted godhead in Gnostic literature. Off the top of my head,
      I can think of an initial trinity in The Tripartite Tractate, but it
      consists of the Father, the Son, and the Church,... not the same as
      the orthodox version, and certainly different from other Valentinian
      writings that show more complex systems of syzygies.

      As far as the holy spirit, however, yes, we see the feminine
      principle in Gnostic literature. I'm curious though whether members
      see reason why this factor would have any implied meaning in Gnostic
      writings when it comes to an issue of blasphemy?

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Apakah Anda Yahoo!?
      Lelah menerima spam? Surat Yahoo! memiliki perlindungan terbaik terhadap spam
      http://id.mail.yahoo.com