Re: [Gnosticism2] Hello

  • arlene anjum
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
      Hi:

      So so4097 tell us about yourself when you feel comfortable, and tell us what topics you would be interesting in founding more about/discussing. I'm new too and there is a lot I don't know much about also.

      Regards,

      AA

      so4097 <so4097@...> wrote:
      I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read for a
      while before I decide to post anything.

      Arlene Anjum
      Silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again. - Mike Myers on Inside the Actors Studio
      Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous
      circumstances would have lain dormant. – Horace, 65-8 B.C., Italian
      Poet
      When you transform your whole dream,
      magic just happens in your life.
      What you need comes to you easily
      because spirit moves freely through you.
      This is the Mastery of intent
      The Mastery of the spirit, the Mastery of love.
      The Mastery of gratitude, and the Mastery of life.

      don Miguel Ruiz

      Yahoo! for Good

    • Shawn Oliver
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 23, 2005
        Well hell, I may as well start now.My name is Shawn, I'm 21, and I got into Gnosticism after
        realizing god was real, but knowing that things in the bible didn't quite add up.Asking for the truth, reading, meditation/prayer, and some experiences that I've had have changed me quite
        a lot.I'm interested in finding out anything I can, and I'm comfortable discussing
        pretty much anything, although I'm generally more of an observer.

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 23, 2005
          Hello, thanks for the welcome.

          - Shawn

          lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "so4097" <so4097@y...> wrote:
          > I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read
          for a
          > while before I decide to post anything.

          Welcome, so4097.  Feel free to jump in any time.

          Cari

          Yahoo! for Good

        • josiellvx
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
            Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
            look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
            illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite book
            is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
            entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
            interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
            performed) troubadour music.

            in gnosis,

            Josi.
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 28, 2005
              --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josiellvx" <sosol@c...> wrote:

              > Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
              > look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
              > illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite
              book
              > is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
              > entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
              > interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
              > performed) troubadour music.
              >
              > in gnosis,
              >
              > Josi.

              Hello, Josi. Thank you for the intro. Our group owner, PMCV, is
              also an aficionado of troubadour music.

              Do you have any familiarity with other texts in the Nag Hammadi
              Library in addition to The Sophia of Jesus Christ? And perhaps you'd
              like to share what you especially like about The Sophia of Jesus
              Christ?

              Josi, feel free to browse through our "links" section for suggested
              articles, etc. and bring any questions and comments to the forum.

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                Hey Josi, welcome to the group. We tend to get a bit slow during the
                two months around the holidays here, but don't worry, it will pick up
                again after New Year.

                While the Cathars are not technically Gnostics they are of interest
                here (as Lady Cari recently mentioned also). And you mention that you
                are interested in the troubadours... while that doesn't much fit the
                focus here you may be interested in another group I run that deals
                very much with the troubadours and esoteric studies that in some ways
                relate to Gnosticism (and the conversation is a bit more relaxed there
                as well) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/esotericromance/

                PMCV

                --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josiellvx" <sosol@c...> wrote:

                > Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                > look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                > illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite
                book
                > is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                > entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                > interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                > performed) troubadour music.
                >
                > in gnosis,
                >
                > Josi.

              • msnyder65
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 24, 2006
                  I heard about this group from Homer and thought I'd join and test the
                  water. I'm also a member of Gnostic Thought. Great bunch of people over
                  there. I don't have a lot of spare time for writing and researching but
                  I'll be posting when I can.

                  Mike
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 24, 2006
                    --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "msnyder65" <msnyder13@s...> wrote:

                    > I heard about this group from Homer and thought I'd join and test
                    the
                    > water. I'm also a member of Gnostic Thought. Great bunch of people
                    over
                    > there. I don't have a lot of spare time for writing and researching
                    but
                    > I'll be posting when I can.
                    >
                    > Mike

                    Welcome, Mike! We generally have a fairly easy pace around here with
                    occasional bursts of activity when people are feeling particularly
                    prolific or passionate about something.

                    So, post whenever you'd like.