Re: Hello

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "so4097" <so4097@y...> wrote:
      > I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read
      for a
      > while before I decide to post anything.

      Welcome, so4097. Feel free to jump in any time.

      Cari
    • arlene anjum
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 20, 2005
        Hi:

        So so4097 tell us about yourself when you feel comfortable, and tell us what topics you would be interesting in founding more about/discussing. I'm new too and there is a lot I don't know much about also.

        Regards,

        AA

        so4097 <so4097@...> wrote:
        I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read for a
        while before I decide to post anything.

        Arlene Anjum
        Silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again. - Mike Myers on Inside the Actors Studio
        Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous
        circumstances would have lain dormant. – Horace, 65-8 B.C., Italian
        Poet
        When you transform your whole dream,
        magic just happens in your life.
        What you need comes to you easily
        because spirit moves freely through you.
        This is the Mastery of intent
        The Mastery of the spirit, the Mastery of love.
        The Mastery of gratitude, and the Mastery of life.

        don Miguel Ruiz

        Yahoo! for Good

      • Shawn Oliver
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 23, 2005
          Well hell, I may as well start now.My name is Shawn, I'm 21, and I got into Gnosticism after
          realizing god was real, but knowing that things in the bible didn't quite add up.Asking for the truth, reading, meditation/prayer, and some experiences that I've had have changed me quite
          a lot.I'm interested in finding out anything I can, and I'm comfortable discussing
          pretty much anything, although I'm generally more of an observer.

          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 23, 2005
            Hello, thanks for the welcome.

            - Shawn

            lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "so4097" <so4097@y...> wrote:
            > I just joined and figured I'd say hello.I figure I will just read
            for a
            > while before I decide to post anything.

            Welcome, so4097.  Feel free to jump in any time.

            Cari

            Yahoo! for Good

          • josiellvx
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 23, 2005
              Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
              look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
              illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite book
              is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
              entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
              interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
              performed) troubadour music.

              in gnosis,

              Josi.
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 28, 2005
                --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josiellvx" <sosol@c...> wrote:

                > Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                > look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                > illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite
                book
                > is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                > entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                > interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                > performed) troubadour music.
                >
                > in gnosis,
                >
                > Josi.

                Hello, Josi. Thank you for the intro. Our group owner, PMCV, is
                also an aficionado of troubadour music.

                Do you have any familiarity with other texts in the Nag Hammadi
                Library in addition to The Sophia of Jesus Christ? And perhaps you'd
                like to share what you especially like about The Sophia of Jesus
                Christ?

                Josi, feel free to browse through our "links" section for suggested
                articles, etc. and bring any questions and comments to the forum.

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                  Hey Josi, welcome to the group. We tend to get a bit slow during the
                  two months around the holidays here, but don't worry, it will pick up
                  again after New Year.

                  While the Cathars are not technically Gnostics they are of interest
                  here (as Lady Cari recently mentioned also). And you mention that you
                  are interested in the troubadours... while that doesn't much fit the
                  focus here you may be interested in another group I run that deals
                  very much with the troubadours and esoteric studies that in some ways
                  relate to Gnosticism (and the conversation is a bit more relaxed there
                  as well) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/esotericromance/

                  PMCV

                  --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josiellvx" <sosol@c...> wrote:

                  > Just want to say I recently discovered this group and I joined. I
                  > look forward to the discussions and hopefully people here can
                  > illuminate further about the subject. For the record my favorite
                  book
                  > is Sophia of JC, and the Gospel of Bartholomew. Although for
                  > entertainment purposes nothing beats the infancy gospels. I am
                  > interested in cathar studies, and also had studied extensively (and
                  > performed) troubadour music.
                  >
                  > in gnosis,
                  >
                  > Josi.

                • msnyder65
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 24 5:09 AM
                    I heard about this group from Homer and thought I'd join and test the
                    water. I'm also a member of Gnostic Thought. Great bunch of people over
                    there. I don't have a lot of spare time for writing and researching but
                    I'll be posting when I can.

                    Mike
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 24 6:02 AM
                      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "msnyder65" <msnyder13@s...> wrote:

                      > I heard about this group from Homer and thought I'd join and test
                      the
                      > water. I'm also a member of Gnostic Thought. Great bunch of people
                      over
                      > there. I don't have a lot of spare time for writing and researching
                      but
                      > I'll be posting when I can.
                      >
                      > Mike

                      Welcome, Mike! We generally have a fairly easy pace around here with
                      occasional bursts of activity when people are feeling particularly
                      prolific or passionate about something.

                      So, post whenever you'd like.